Single engine operation problem

ert11`

Hi all, flying the saab for two weeks now and really enjoying it. Love to fly short hops. Now i got everything working fine, and have no problems flying the normal way (with both engines running). The problem starts when shutting down one engine. At first the other eng stays at the last torque setting and all is well, untill i move the power lever, then the torque off the remainging eng drops to approx 70% and will never go higher, what ever i do? I didn't touch the conditing lever, but when i do, no cure. The moment i start the dead engine, normal torque is back for both eng's ?! Ctot and auto coarsing is off. This way its hard to keep the bird in the air! Does anyone know whats going on? (Searched this forum and the net, found nothing)

some small issues,

forget to remove a gear pin? Gear still retracks, but streamer hangs out of gear door (funny)

single eng oper, both gen off lights illumn, even after gen reset of working eng.

single eng oper, single bleed, bleed cross feed on, no light.

Hardly impossible to taxi with one engine (allready logged)

i'am curious, what i'am doing wrong.....

thanks guys (girls)

• Upvote 1

On April 8, 2016 at 3:31 AM, ert11` said:

forget to remove a gear pin? Gear still retracks, but streamer hangs out of gear door (funny)

Thanks for reporting this.  The issue has been fixed and will be in the next update.

single eng oper, both gen off lights illumn, even after gen reset of working eng.

I cannot recreate this. I started the aircraft (Auto-Start) and then shut down the right engine.  The gen lights DID NOT illuminate.  Please provide specific steps on how you created this condition.

single eng oper, single bleed, bleed cross feed on, no light.

There are several parameters that need to be met in order for the X-Valve to close.  For example:

The aircraft must be on the ground. One Bleed Valve must be closed.  Bleed pressure must be a minimum of 10psi (approx, 40% eng. speed).  The Right Main Bus must be powered.  Please verify that these parameters were met when you attempted to close the X-Valve.

Hardly impossible to taxi with one engine (allready logged)

As previously reported, we are looking into this.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, JGregory said:

Thanks for reporting this.  The issue has been fixed and will be in the next update.

I cannot recreate this. I started the aircraft (Auto-Start) and then shut down the right engine.  The gen lights DID NOT illuminate.  Please provide specific steps on how you created this condition.

There are several parameters that need to be met in order for the X-Valve to close.  For example:

The aircraft must be on the ground. One Bleed Valve must be closed.  Bleed pressure must be a minimum of 10psi (approx, 40% eng. speed).  The Right Main Bus must be powered.  Please verify that these parameters were met when you attempted to close the X-Valve.

As previously reported, we are looking into this.

Hi JGregory, tested some more, found out that problem has nothing to do wtih eng out.

On the ground, both eng's running, left eng can go to full power (if right eng is at idle) but right eng can't go beyond 70% torque if left eng is at idle ! when advancing both throttles, they go booth to the req setting without a problem, but seperate throttles give problems.  Can you reproduce this?

you can see this in the following youtube movie i made yesterday  https://youtu.be/FqWi9EynOJs

also in the movie: disconnect left gen, both gen lights on, disconnect right gen, no gen lights on. this is on the ground and in the air.

stopped all plugins to be sure they didn't mess thing up, but still the same.

bleed croos light will no work, even with parameters met.

thanks in advance for touble shooting with me, brds Erik

Hi all, something messed up with my x-pliot account, new name but i'am the same ERT.

some edits regarding the video,

at 15 sec's RH PL starts moving fwd (see only 70% torque at max PL setting),

at 24 sec's the second (LH) PL goes fwd and suddely the RH torque is increasing.

at 31 sec's you can see the LH PL can reach full torque no mater what the RH PL does.

at 47 sec's the gen lights test starts, LH GEN OFF, both lights (both eng's still running)

at 59 sec's RH GEN OFF, no lights (bus tie light works normal in both cases)

at 1:11 sec's both gen's connected, no lights.

1:21 the end (rest is of avi  is waste)

4 hours ago, ert11` said:

On the ground, both eng's running, left eng can go to full power (if right eng is at idle) but right eng can't go beyond 70% torque if left eng is at idle ! when advancing both throttles, they go booth to the req setting without a problem, but seperate throttles give problems.  Can you reproduce this?

Yes, there is a bug in the logic.  It has been fixed and will be in the next update.

4 hours ago, ert11` said:

also in the movie: disconnect left gen, both gen lights on, disconnect right gen, no gen lights on. this is on the ground and in the air.

This is also a bug and has been fixed.  It will also be in the next update.

Thanks for reporting these issues.

bleed croos light will no work, even with parameters met

I just did a test.  I started the aircraft (Auto-Start), shut off the left bleed valve, switched on the X-Valve, and the X-Valve Open Light came on.  Unless you can provide more details, I don't think there is any issue here.

Edited by JGregory
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, JGregory said:

Yes, there is a bug in the logic.  It has been fixed and will be in the next update.

This is also a bug and has been fixed.  It will also be in the next update.

Thanks for reporting these issues.

I just did a test.  I started the aircraft (Auto-Start), shut off the left bleed valve, switched on the X-Valve, and the X-Valve Open Light came on.  Unless you can provide more details, I don't think there is any issue here.

Hi Jim, great to here, problems are being fixed!

mean while did some more test and made small avi's

first the cross bleed light. started eng's with autostart mode, in avi you can see, all elec busses powered, eng's above flight idle, switched off LH and RH bleed one by one and tried cross bleed switch, nothing happend, maybe i'am still doing something wrong? the avi: 

found an other small issue, the flight controls indicator doesn't work, you can see in avi, moved alle controls, no reaction on ind, the avi: 

again thanks for all the help, love this plane!

brds Erik

16 hours ago, ert11 said:

first the cross bleed light. started eng's with autostart mode, in avi you can see, all elec busses powered, eng's above flight idle, switched off LH and RH bleed one by one and tried cross bleed switch, nothing happend, maybe i'am still doing something wrong? the avi: 

I have no idea what might be going wrong on your end.  Everything is working fine for us.  I have nothing else to offer in the way of help at this time.  Are your frame rates at a reasonable level, i.e.. above 25-30?  Do you have any other plugins installed?    If you want to attach your log.txt and GizmoLog.txt, I could take a look at them.