Pilots' fatigue investigation

pd123

Hi everyone. My name is Paula Slier, I am the RT (Russia Today) reporter involved in the story on pilot fatigue related to the Fly Dubai crush. We are really concerned about the welfare of pilots and we want to help expose airline companies that exploit their pilots by making them fly unreasonable and fatigue-inducing schedules. We've been receiving e-mails from pilots and ex pilots from different countries and airlines, anyone's help is useful. Needless to say that we will treat any information given to us with the utmost confidentiality as the pilots who are talking with us are happy with the way we are managing our investigation. Anyone who wants to share their experience or provide additional information please contact me at pslier@rttv.ru
Here is some of the work we've done so far:
https://www.rt.com/news/337270-emirates-pilot-brutal-roster/
https://www.rt.com/news/337388-emirates-gcaa-watchdog-oversight/

Do you really want me to take this post seriously ? I bet not.

This is a forum wich is about a flight-sim ( a flightsim to be taken seriously, though its also on the shelfs in game-shops and it has users below ten years old ) 

But, as you asked for it.

My kids sometimes exploit their father to make  unreasonable and fatigue-inducing flights.

In the end I send them to bed and have some flight-fun for myself.

I hope this helps with your investigation.

Edited by Leen de Jager
  • Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Since my flights are simulation, my fatigue is also simulated.

After a hard day's work, I get into my virtual airliner and load up virtual passengers. After climbing out runway heading, then I pour myself a drink. I'll drink vodka if you are not virtual Russian, then I'll feel really tired....

I can only imagine the real life fatigue, sometimes when in final approach, I'm so tired that I fall asleep seconds hands on controls prior to touchdown and then react but my landing is quite hard or misaligned, don't know if this could happened in real life.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2016 at 0:29 PM, pd123 said:

Hello Paula,

Thanks for those links, I think it's very interesting work.

However I believe you'd be better off posting this in a forum such as Pprune. You've probably done so already, but I'm saying just in case.