DO I need to buy 2nd copy of smp and dc3 for second machine?

unc1rlm

Hey.... I seem to be the lucky one with the issues... Had problems before but it still lingers. I bought a second copy of x-plane to network. It is not connected to the network. I have tried to install Skymaxx Pro and the DC-3.. I dl and follow the instructions. It comes up to activate and this is what I am getting. I am eating up my downloads lol. Anyway..I did copy some files over from the original xplane to the new copy..mostly scenery and plugins. I can't remember if Silverlinings was copied over. Silverlinings something to do with Skymaxx Pro? I have both Skymax Pro and DC-3 on the original which I believe are activated and ok but can't get them to activate on second machine. Enough said...any help appreciated. Here are two pictures in one upload. I took so you can see.
31026 (Delivered)
32819 (Delivered)

Activation No Slots.png

Edited by unc1rlm
change question..can't run 2 copies..get these images on second machine networked

A simple e-mail to X Aviation should solve the problem. Silverlining is indeed the backbone of Skymaxx Pro.  

I am not sure if the licencing policy of X aviation allows installation of the product on multiple computers. 

Ask X-Aviation directly and give them the time to reply, they are only humans …   

Edited by kickremi

Hiya,

This is a reply Ben gave me ........

'We work on a "per computer" basis. Not per hard disk.

You can install 100x on the same computer and it will only count as one.

Re-install your operating system (Windows, Linux or OSX) and your computer is considered a different computer'.

###############################################################################

Now me talking ..........If you are trying to have those two items on two machines it won't work, they are licenced for one machine, so if i understand ? you want the clouds and the plane on two rigs ?

If that's the case, you need to purchase both again so you have two of each

Tony

PS : found this, i have never networked or wifi'ed !! so have no idea lol ...............

On 24/10/2015 at 1:13 AM, bowingic said:
Hi

I have a 3pc cockpit setup (each pc running a scenery screen).

Do I have to purchase 3 copies of SkyMaxx Pro or can I run a single copy on the main central server pc with just cloud textures installed on the clients?

I guess my question is ... how does SkyMaxx Pro handle a multi pc networked setup?

Thanks for any help

One license will work on your networked setup.

End of PS

PPS : Gonna buy SMP v3 again, way i see it is waiting is doing my head in, and when initial purchase ever gets reset i'll have a spare set of attempts if pc cheeses up again lol

Life Ehh

Tony

Edited by Defiance_co

6 hours ago, Defiance_co said:

Hiya,

This is a reply Ben gave me ........

'We work on a "per computer" basis. Not per hard disk.

You can install 100x on the same computer and it will only count as one.

Re-install your operating system (Windows, Linux or OSX) and your computer is considered a different computer'.

###############################################################################

Now me talking ..........If you are trying to have those two items on two machines it won't work, they are licenced for one machine, so if i understand ? you want the clouds and the plane on two rigs ?

If that's the case, you need to purchase both again so you have two of each

Tony

PS : found this, i have never networked or wifi'ed !! so have no idea lol ...............

One license will work on your networked setup.

End of PS

PPS : Gonna buy SMP v3 again, way i see it is waiting is doing my head in, and when initial purchase ever gets reset i'll have a spare set of attempts if pc cheeses up again lol

Life Ehh

Tony

Please just be patient with tech support.

I'm not 100% sure what the results of a second purchase will be.

I believe Cameron will have to process it manually to increase the allocated slot count.

That would result in you waiting for two purchases which would frustrate you further.