Countless entries of SkyMaxx Pro in X-Plane logfile

Dscho

Hello  all,

this is my first post in this forum, recently I recognized, that SkyMaxx Po V3 writes continuously the message:

SkyMaxx Pro: Changing cloud conditions.
SkyMaxx Pro: Cloud conditions changed. Current target visibility is 56327.039063

into the Log,txt file of x-plane. It is always the same (identical) message and after about 15 minutes the file gets a size of 30 MB.

Thanks in advance for any useful hints about this problem,

Dscho

That is usually a symptom of SkyMaxx Pro not authenticating properly. Is there a line anywhere in your log.txt that says:

SkyMaxx Pro license check failed. Clouds will be disabled.

?

If so, make sure you're connected to the Internet. Sometimes authentication will fail if you try to use SkyMaxx Pro on too many different computers, too.

If that's not it, are you using some sort of external weather injector?

Hi sundog,

thanks for your quick response !

Yes, I found the message you have mentioned ... some time ago I've set up a new computer (because trying to overclock the CPU I burned the it :( ) and installed SkyMaxx Pro there, i.e. i copied the entire X-Plane directory to the new system, but didn't remove SkyMaxx Pro from the old computer. I don't run X-Plane on the old system any more because I plugged in a very weak CPU there.

What do I have to do now, is it enough to remove SMP from the old system or is it necessary to change the license? Hopefully I need not to buy another license :huh:

Dscho

Edited by Dscho