IXEG 737 Progress Update - March 12th

tkyler

1 hour ago, torgeir said:

Ok. Kind of scary, but I guess security outside of aircrafts is good enough in most parts of the world...

Actually, no, not really. At least not here in the US. Airport security is laughable. It's an ineffective inconvenience on the passenger side and it is barely effective on employee side (yet very easy to bypass). In the U.S., security very much needs an overhaul. It's amazing that we haven't implemented more effective means of preventing unlawful entry to aerodromes/aircraft, but I guess people like the idea and look of security rather than actual, effective security. That's not to say that it is necessarily easy to unlawfully enter a ramp, but it sure could be made a lot harder, and it should be made a lot harder.

• Upvote 2

Airports have security classifications. I'm not much aware of classifications in U.S., but around Europe, most public commercial airports do have a classification allowing to park your aircraft without Denver boots ;)

The only means for airports with lower classification I am aware of is putting seals on the doors, so the ground crew will be alerted of potential manipulation when entering the aircraft in the morning. Effectivity of this is however certainly disputable... there are other ways to manipulate an aircraft (anybody ever tried setting a marten loose in 90VU?)

If I steal a 737, i.e. flying from ESSA and want to land at LOWI, wouldn't the airforce threaten to shoot down the airplane? If I say 'pleeeeaaase, can't I just proceed to LOWI for landing there?', what would be their answer? Would it be ok or would I be shot down?

Anyway about the fuel, you just need to steal a fueltruck, and that would be the copilot:s job (if you can steal a 737, it is a peace of cake stealing a fueltruck, the problem is just to load the aircraft with the right fuel ;) ). So, who wants to be a copilot?

Edited by Vantskruv
space
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Vantskruv said:

Anyway about the fuel, you just need to steal a fueltruck, and that would be the copilot:s job (if you can steal a 737, it is a peace of cake stealing a fueltruck, the problem is just to load the aircraft with the right fuel ;) ). So, who wants to be a copilot?

Nah, you can't steal the fuel truck - here you will need the key :ph34r:

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, mpedroni said:

Any new update? Sooner or later you will be released this aircraft? are almost six years that we follow you, and I start to lose hope. I understand marketing, but you're on the thin line of the joke to your potential customers.

As you said. Six years in development.  So whats the big deal waiting a little longer?  It's only a joke to impatient childish I want it now people. I would rather a plane that is reliable myself. So I am happy to wait 6 hours, 6 days, 6 weeks or 6 months. Whatever

Edited by yukonpete
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, mpedroni said:

Any new update? Sooner or later you will be released this aircraft? are almost six years that we follow you, and I start to lose hope. I understand marketing, but you're on the thin line of the joke to your potential customers.

Are you going for the world record for the most dislikes in a single post? You are certainly in with a good chance of it. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

On 25/03/2016 at 4:07 AM, mpedroni said:

I don't know if you read the post you just commented on. The testing stage does not come with a lot of updates. All you would get is: "we are testing the vnav" . 

EDIT:

Updates don't happen as often as you want. 

Edited by poodster
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'll try to be positive but my mind  and my hart are with all the victims of the terror in belgium at the airport especially my collegues at the security Gates a lot of them are wounded. So i love airplanes and i am looking forward to this one hopefully it comes out before x-plane 11 appears or Windows 11 with a 128 bit version. Ixeg Will need more time to develop or export their unfinished code that saying keep up the good work and hopefully they can release this master peace

kind regards

timmy

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, tluppens said:

Ixeg Will need more time to develop or export their unfinished code that saying keep up the good work and hopefully they can release this master peace. 

The code is finished, it's just testing now and finding any bugs in vnav

• Upvote 5

16 hours ago, yukonpete said:

As you said. Six years in development.  So whats the big deal waiting a little longer?  It's only a joke to impatient childish I want it now people. I would rather a plane that is reliable myself. So I am happy to wait 6 hours, 6 days, 6 weeks or 6 months. Whatever

Have to call bs on this ;)

There is as little use in posting impatience as there is in patience. Both have the same validity, though i seriously doubt even you really have the patience you proclaim. No need to call people childish imho.

i dare say most of us waiting are impatient at the least after 6 years, nothing wrong with that. But since it is not in our hands most just wait in silence.

Its almost summer again in the northern hemisphere so go outside and do something else than f5 on the progress thread ;). It will eventually release im sure. Go study fcoms and flows or something otherwise you will likely use only a fraction of the systems you have been waiting for, for 6 years. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, sparkie66 said:

Have to call bs on this ;)

There is as little use in posting impatience as there is in patience. Both have the same validity, though i seriously doubt even you really have the patience you proclaim. No need to call people childish imho.

i dare say most of us waiting are impatient at the least after 6 years, nothing wrong with that. But since it is not in our hands most just wait in silence.

Its almost summer again in the northern hemisphere so go outside and do something else than f5 on the progress thread ;). It will eventually release im sure. Go study fcoms and flows or something otherwise you will likely use only a fraction of the systems you have been waiting for, for 6 years. 

There is the point! Be ready for flight before the bird rolls out. Be prepared with the right answers for the questions - never asked before about how and why does it do that at that stage of the flight. Practice takeoffs and landing with strong cross winds by hand. Level up your rate from the base 10 out of 10 succeded actions to 100 by 100... or as the previous message says: go out under the sky and enjoy it. After the release you will have not too much chances to do so...

• Upvote 2

well here's a little report, just so you know we're not sitting around doing nothing.

We are polishing up lots of little corners many won't see.  As I said, the reason we are doing so is not a matter of pursuing perfection, but rather is because when you put this in thousands of hands, they will find these issues and if they cause crashes, that is no bueno as we like to say here in San Antonio TX.  

So today, I was addressing parts of the N1 limit page, for derate stuffs.  So here's a CDU entry pattern you probably don't see much.  Say you select "TO-1" derate....that will automatically select the "CLB-1" derate mode (so the throttles do not advance in the transition from Takeoff to climb phase....Boeing says that confuses the pilot dontcha know eh?).  And then lets say you enter a assumed Temperature value....well depending on the temperature entered, that too might automatically derate the CLB thrust, not only to CLB-1 mode, but maybe CLB-2  if its hot enough......so far so good.  But then lets say you decide to delete the TO-1 mode....well the CLB thrust mode may or may not revert to one of the  reduced mode..... or not dependent on the assumed temperature entered.....and there are a myriad of other potential combos that may or may not get entered.  Here's a little video to show several different combinations that have to be tested....and there are quite a few more patterns other than what is shown here.  

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/955680/n1_limitOPT.mp4

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 19