GoFlight TQ-6 Condition Levers

tmiles111

Just a query about using the GF TQ-6 throttle quadrant with the Saab 340A... I find that I can assign 2 levers on the unit to the power levers and 2 to the Condition levers (the latter using the special CL assignment facility) , however, while the throttle levers work through their full range of movement, the Condition levers don't go fully forward, i.e. to the 'Max' position. Using the X-plane joystick & settings option to calibrate does not solve the problem...

Thanks for any help

2 hours ago, tmiles111 said:

Yes, JGregory it does thanks for responding. 

The Saab simply takes the input values (0.0 to 1.0) from the joystick DataRef and uses it to determine the position of the condition levers.  If the status bars are showing full range but the levers are not animating properly, something is not calibrated correctly. Maybe try reversing the levers from throttle to condition lever and vice versa and see what happens.

Edited by JGregory

I tried reversing the levers and the throttle assignment works. But I can't move the condition lever until I go into the CL Joystick Assignment window.  Once I do the setup for the left and right lever is when I get the conditions levers not animating properly.  Is there a way to go into the joystick DataRef and change the values would that make a differences? 

1 hour ago, tmiles111 said:

Once I do the setup for the left and right lever is when I get the conditions levers not animating properly.

The CL joystick assignment simply looks for the "slot" that your hardware is assigned to.  It DOES NOT do anything to the axis.  So, there should be no change in behavior after assigning the CL.

1 hour ago, tmiles111 said:

Is there a way to go into the joystick DataRef and change the values would that make a differences? 

No.

4 minutes ago, tmiles111 said:

I saw this from a post back in 2015 about binding your joystick the condition levers.  You think this might work

[saab Condition Levers]

axis=2
dataref=LES/saab/CL/manip_common(float)
drl=0.90
drh=0.50

I believe that is part of a third-party add-on for handling hardware assignments, which I am not familiar with. 

52 minutes ago, tmiles111 said:

I saw this from a post back in 2015 about binding your joystick the condition levers.  You think this might work:

[saab Condition Levers]

axis=2
dataref=LES/saab/CL/manip_common(float)
drl=0.90
drh=0.50

this is a configuration file for plugin xjoymap which allows to bind your condition levers to your hardware levers without using the saab custom menu every time you load the aircraft.

0.50 means moving the lever down (closed) it will no go further than 50% of its travel which is MIN position 

0.90 means moving it forward (open) it will no go further than 90% of its travel which is MAX position not to overshoot.

i do use this plugin but i set them to 0 and 1 respectively to have the full CLs travel as being on the real thing.

edit: forgot to mention in this file they are mapping one external hardware lever to both CLs, so you move them simultaneously, no individual control per CL.

Anyway, your CLs should work properly without xjoymap, i put this plugin later on down the road when i got tired of assigning them each time i loaded the aircraft. Not because i had any range travel issue

Edited by mmerelles

8 hours ago, tmiles111 said:

Thanks for the feedback men, any idea why I'm still not getting full range animated after doing the CL assignment? 

Maybe someone else is using the same hardware you have and can help out.  Since we have had no other reports of this issue, I can't really offer any other suggestions.

The good news is that the CL assignment has been eliminated for the next update.  Can't give you an exact release date at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue but using the CH Products throttle quad.  I can't use the full range of the condition levers once I set them up doing the CL assignment.  Another weird thing is that the two levers are at different levels when looking at the TQ status viewer but show to be identical when looking at the X-plane joystick and equipment page.  Tried re-calibrating and using different levers but nothing works.

I really love the plane but this is driving me nuts.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by whitty7628