Windows 10 and X-plane

tobbe490

3 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

I have come to understand why most developers simply do not engage with community forums.

Because most of them are incapable of communicating without alienating their customers? I think lots of developers are very good at this, some of them are terrible.

I think you could have easily made your point without sounding like a jerk, but you chose not to. I might suggest that you say something like this:

"At our development house, we do have not have the resources to sustain development for multiple platforms, while remaining profitable. This is strictly a business decision for us. Should the market change, we will reconsider this in the future."

Instead you chose to be rude to your customers.

I don't see a single comment I made which was rude, even in the slightest. My correspondence here has been professional, and to the point.

Edited by Timendainum

Everything you have posted in this thread has been inflammatory pointless and inaccurate.

It begins with you digging up the thread after five idle days for no other reason than to serve your own curiosity and share your own opinions.

Then today, after another three-four days idle, you come back to share more of your expert opinions while ignoring what I have attempted to point out.

You have both misunderstood and twisted what I have laid out very clearly.

I gave a very crude simplified example deliberately to show basic math and you have attempted to turn it into some kind of elaborate technical argument that it was never meant to be. 

As a programmer with such a wealth of experience you should know that while the bulk of the work is reusable there are always going to be difficult annoying edge cases that suck up vastly out of proportion amounts of resources to solve the problem they're responsible for.

What % of the market would it serve to document an exact technical example? How much more time would it waste justifying what is ultimately my FREE CHOICE to make?

You have attempted to undermine my post to inflate your own Ego by attempting to technically belittle a post that I opened with the words:

"Gross simplification;"

How can I possibly have made the intent that post any clearer?

Further, after highlighting in red bold text that Linux is the only source of LOSS, you attempt to twist my words into insinuating that I believe OSX to be a lost cause?

I have put the CLEARLY LABELLED AS CONTRIVED numbers there for you in black and white, and yet you attempt to turn them into something else.

I have been saying this stuff for years.

I have been told that I am wrong for years.

I have been harassed into supporting Linux for years.

When it comes to actually backing yourselves, supporting yourselves, spreading the word yourselves, the way "The Linux community promises it will" ... what then? Crickets.

Nothing.

Silence.

Until the next round of harassment.

But by all means, keep telling me how I'm wrong.

Now, please, take it elsewhere. 

I don't care about being your internet friend. I'm only here for the engineering.

2 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

It begins with you digging up the thread after five idle days for no other reason than to serve your own curiosity and share your own opinions.

The pace of this forum is such that posting every few days seems appropriate. I'm sorry if it isn't in your view.

I was under the understand that the purpose of a forum was to learn, and share your own opinions.

Then today, after another three-four days idle, you come back to share more of your expert opinions while ignoring what I have attempted to point out.

You have both misunderstood and twisted what I have laid out very clearly.

I gave a very crude simplified example deliberately to show basic math and you have attempted to turn it into some kind of elaborate technical argument that it was never meant to be. 

You didn't really lay it out clearly. You were pissed off that that other guy interjected into the thread, and jumped down my throat when I asked what you meant.

As a programmer with such a wealth of experience you should know that while the bulk of the work is reusable there are always going to be difficult annoying edge cases that suck up vastly out of proportion amounts of resources to solve the problem they're responsible for.

Yes, I can totally understand this. If you had said this, it would have made more sense. The example you gave, which you said was simplified, reflected a different assertion than what I took away from it.

Further, after highlighting in red bold text that Linux is the only source of LOSS, you attempt to twist my words into insinuating that I believe OSX to be a lost cause?

This I was definitely mistaken on, at the time I was under the impression you only supported windows, after visiting your website I have learned you support OSX as well.

I have been saying this stuff for years.

I have been told that I am wrong for years.

I have been harassed into supporting Linux for years.

Hey, I'm sorry people have been hassling you into supporting their favorite platform. I really didn't come here to piss you off, I really have not been a member of this forum for long, and honestly I was just looking to figure out what you saying.

The comment you made to the other guy really seemed to imply that you were under the impression that Linux people don't pay for any software, and the implication was that they pirated it. This is why I asked the original question.

You quickly cleared up that you were not implying piracy, and then began to discuss your other argument. Which I continued to discuss with you. Your example implied to me that you spent like development time, when really you were just trying to say that it takes more time that you ever end up returning in sales.

Again, I apologize, I really was not trying to be inciteful, I was just trying to get clarification on your arguments.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Timendainum said:

I am beginning to understand why this community was forced to separate from x-plane.org. I'm a bit ashamed I've spent money at the store here.

Please be careful with uninformed assumptions and generalizations.  You are so far off the truth, it's almost laughable.

• Upvote 1