More prep work for the 737

737NUT

In preparation for the upcoming release IXEG 737, I am steaming ahead in my sim build.  Crossed a major milestone today.  Got the DME digital readouts working on the real HSI.  Made a video of a departure out of Las Vegas on pilotedge.  Warning, video for true aircraft geeks only. LOL

Rob

Edited by 737NUT
  • Upvote 12

Wow this is really mind blowing. Are those gauges replicas, I mean you mentioned "real" HSI in your post, so I guess those are actually real. Where did you get them from? And out of curiosity how much should one expect to pay / invest in a real gauge like the HSI? Keep the great work up! I'm really hoping to see more of those videos!

Best regards,

BaBene 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BaBene said:

Wow this is really mind blowing. Are those gauges replicas, I mean you mentioned "real" HSI in your post, so I guess those are actually real. Where did you get them from? And out of curiosity how much should one expect to pay / invest in a real gauge like the HSI? Keep the great work up! I'm really hoping to see more of those videos!

Best regards,

BaBene 

Gauges are all REAL 737 gauges all bought from various sources online.  Prices vary wildly so be patient and shop around.  Interfacing all this is no trival task but very rewarding none the less.   If anyone is ever in my area feel free to come by and fly it. :)

Rob

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fffirefly said:

Very nice!  Jealous!

Thank you!

1 hour ago, -VETTE said:

Where are you based? I'd love to see this at some point, it'd be quite a sight :)

I am 2 miles north of KSBN, or 1.5hrs east of Chicago and 2.5hrs north of Indianapolis.   Come on over and fly!

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, 737NUT said:

Thank you!

I am 2 miles north of KSBN, or 1.5hrs east of Chicago and 2.5hrs north of Indianapolis.   Come on over and fly!

May have to fly to KSBN once I get my PPL ;)

Your setup is amazing. The most realistic thing I've got is a King Air seat sitting in KILG waiting for me to pick it up. xD

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, -VETTE said:

May have to fly to KSBN once I get my PPL ;)

Your setup is amazing. The most realistic thing I've got is a King Air seat sitting in KILG waiting for me to pick it up. xD

Gotta start somewhere. ;)    Where you based?  I have my PPL but haven't flown since 2008 :(  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, 737NUT said:

Gotta start somewhere. ;)    Where you based?  I have my PPL but haven't flown since 2008 :(  

I'm closest to KIAD, but I fly out of KJYO. KJYO-KILG will be my longest flight yet when I finally get to do the lesson. Weather has cancelled two attempts so far, and it's been two months since I've flown :(

I can't imagine not having flown for 8 years, I'm going crazy after 2 months.