Hong Kong Aviation Club Zlin 242L Crash

howardthepilot1999

It's been a while since I was on x-pilot, since then I completed my GFPT and just as I was about to do my aerobatic rating...

2 days ago my instructor passed away when the Zlin 242L entered an unrecoverable spin and crashed into Plover Cove Reservoir. It was meant to be just a "warm up" flight before he takes another student on his 5th lesson, I even talked to him prior to his flight...

If there was one thing I can never forget for the rest of my life, it would be seeing his lifeless body pulled out of the wreckage, still strapped to his seat... 

The media doesn't help either, a barrage of reporters trying to ask me personal questions despite the fact that I was breaking down and crying.

It was a tough 2 days for me, I had been mourning the passing of such a great man, someone who watched me solo and continued not only being an instructor, but being a figure that is respectable.

I have moved further and further away from X-Plane now unfortunately, due to real flying and I will start my Diploma of Aviation June this year in Melbourne.

It's nice checking in again

Edited by howardthepilot1999