Best???

Colin S

Well thats a long list but to name a couple

Nils' BK-117

As for airliners, the best things airliners wise you can get are the XPFW 757 and Edat x737

However, stay tuned for new airliners, like the XPJ 777, CRJ-200, 747/200/400 and Saab 340 if you like regional stuff(i know, i'm shameless :P )

Most realistic heli: BK117 or Bell 206

Most realistic GA: Oh boy that's a tough one, I'll just say X-Aviation because everyone of their GAs are SO realistic beyond anything

Most realistic Airliner: x737, 757, and for Airbus Peter Hager's planes are wonderful

After that it's a question of opinion

• 10 months later...

Most realistic GA?  Tough one, but my vote would be Carenado's C152II.  A close second would be the Leading Edge Beechcraft Sundowner, followed by the Leading Edge Beechcraft Duchess and the Carenado Mooney M20J.

Most realistic airliner?  Well, I don't own it and I haven't flown it, but I would have to say the CRJ has the most realistic systems.  I can't say anything about how it flies.  I do own the FJS Dash8 and I've enjoyed flying it and it has been worth the investment thus far.

• 2 weeks later...

But if you're looking for the best value AND realistic flight modeling, you have to have Jason Chandler's Pipers.  Fourteen planes for $14 is a deal you can't pass up.  He's got the Cirrus SR20, SR22 and SR22T aircraft as well.  If you like flying the Corvalis, then you'll love flying Jason's Cirrus models.  All of the c74.net aircraft have excellent flight modeling with beautifully baked textures.  He even has helicopters to satiate the rotorhead in all of us.  Check them out at http://www.c74.net/xplane/

+1 on Chandler's Pipers. I haven't tried some of the more modern, high-end payware aircraft, but based on everything I've read, the handling of Chandler's planes are second to none. At the end of the day, what could possibly be more important than that?

I used his Piper Warrior for several hundred hours to become a r/w instrument-rated pilot. I also used the Saratoga to increase my workload, so that when I flew a 172 in the real world, things would be that much easier.  As it turned out, I eventually stepped into a very high performance aircraft (faster than the Saratoga, in fact), so I'm very grateful that I spent the time in his higher end airplanes, too.

There is absolutely no way that I would have reached my current level of proficiency were it not for his aircraft.

Keith

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Interesting to see what people thought was the best for them a few moons back, and how it's changed since.

Agree with Oliver, the BK117 was the bees knees for me but now Fred's 407 and AS350 and XTrident's 412 look like they've taken the BK's crown.
For me, the best is the Q400 for its cockpit which still wows me considering it's been out how long now?
And Dden's Challenger 300 is one I just can't keep away from, for its stunning visuals and pretty good systems depth.

Although all that'll change (for me) when Dden brings out his Global Express and IXEG's 737 comes out and trumps everything.

Edited by Nicola_M