737s alive and kickin'

frumpy

It´s starting to wear on me that we only have 5 or 6 737s left at Lufthansa. Last flight is planned for something like October, and I really hope they will throw a farewell party, but for some reason I doubt it.

I start taping and taking pictures of all the 737´s I see, my Copilots think I am crazy :lol:. Just yesterday I saw our newest model, D-ABEF! (Only a little over 20, still a youngster!).

And what do we get to replace them? NEO´s... what a nightmare.

Jan

• Upvote 13

To me as a desktop driver, it's Airbus' design philosophy in general. While they were clever at some points,

they tried to be very consequent in the fly-by-wire design and did some things that give

some pilots headaches. I am thinking about the sidestick which isn't interconnected, the

non-motorized thrustlevers that do not give you a valid feedback on thrust setting and

other stuff (just think about the LH A320 that did a 4000ft dive because of frozen sensors -

the pilots had to turn off a few systems to regain control) and other stuff. Proper reaction to

errors which were not described in the manuals takes longer, as systems are more complex

and more interconnected. Much more A320 pilots say they do not understand all systems/functions

than any 737 (including NG)-pilot would do.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Litjan said:

It´s starting to wear on me that we only have 5 or 6 737s left at Lufthansa. Last flight is planned for something like October, and I really hope they will throw a farewell party, but for some reason I doubt it.

Jan

You must postulated to fly with it last time.
We can make a petition to lufthansa if you want :D;)

Edited by Paterpilar
  • Upvote 5

On 22/02/2016 at 4:08 PM, Litjan said:

I start taping and taking pictures of all the 737´s I see, my Copilots think I am crazy :lol:. Just yesterday I saw our newest model, D-ABEF! (Only a little over 20, still a youngster!).

Jan

Hi Jan, what aircraft would you be flying next year?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2016 at 1:08 PM, Litjan said:

Jan

I totally agree...  I find it sad that so many airlines are retiring their 737 Classics and then replacing them with Airbus!

Oh, and Boeing for life guys

alive and kickin' indeed..

Here in Israel you can see many of them in spring and summer months , as those are the months that people travel usually , some companies like blue bird , blue air , air bucharest , nordavia , tailwind.

And some more known companies like LOT , UIA , Enter air..

The Israel Aerospace Industries has there own 737CL

And It's expected that more smaller companies will come to here in the next few years , now necessarily operates 737CL but I can imagine some of them are , as those smaller companies usually opeartes those older planes.

So I guess we will host many Classics in the next few years :-)

Edit: And how could I forget this one (Although Cargo)

Photo of OE-IAP Boeing 737-4M0(SF) by Armo Itah

Edited by mtaxp

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2016 at 10:08 PM, Litjan said:

Jan

Can you inform us when you do your last 737 flight so we can book a ticket? :D