IXEG 737 Progress Update - January 30th

tkyler

2 hours ago, Litjan said:

Time you dont have now    Hmmm perhaps this bird is actually making its way to release    Would be nice to see it this month but i doubt it

Yes, it is possible to enter a step altitude on the CRZ page (in the real plane). The FMC will calculate the optimum step point (when to climb), allow entry of estimated wind at the new step altitude (for fuel penalty/benefit calculation) and also show the prospective savings as a percentage.

It shouldn´t be hard to implement that, I can almost do the calculation in my head... but it will need some time that we don´t have right now ;).

Jan

24 minutes ago, boeingornotgoing said:

Can we get a non techical progress update , some extetior or cabin visuals please.    

Not really anything new to show... you have seen most of the visual progress in the "sights and sounds" video. The last weeks have been almost exclusively FMS work, and it will stay like that until we are ready to release (save for some minor visual bugfixes).

Jan

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, boeingornotgoing said:

Well you win that one, hard not to since your the plane maker.      But if you think about it, the plane and visuals are used 100% of the time by all customers. Fancy fms isnt going to be used by all.  Send some time to the eye candy :)

Yes, because we clearly look at the virtual cabin more than we use VNAV during a typical flight. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, boeingornotgoing said:

Fancy fms isnt going to be used by all.

You clearly do not understand the X-Plane payware market. If you want developers like IXEG to stay around then let the people who know what they're doing do it.

17 minutes ago, boeingornotgoing said:

But if you think about it, the plane and visuals are used 100% of the time by all customers.

The cabin is not going to be used by 100% of customers.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, boeingornotgoing said:

- and as usual Cameron, we disagree.   your entitled to your opinion as am I

I see sales. You do not.

Anybody who knows you knows about your desire for simple aircraft. You, sir, are in a massive minority of the market, and if planes were made that way all the time there would be no business here. Don't let your bias/desires fool you.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

well when this long awaited bird is released "soon"  it will appease to all and everyone wins   it would just be nice if visuals more times than not didn't take a back seat to study level parts thus extending delays

----

please deactivate my account,  i no longer want to take part aside from buying a product on my end from the store and leaving it at that   

Edited by boeingornotgoing
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, boeingornotgoing said:

it would just be nice if visuals more times than not didn't take a back seat to study level parts thus extending delays

The most important parts of the aircraft in a flight simulator are in a cockpit. Nothing has been left out there in the least. A cabin, of all things, is hardly a strike. It doesn't really matter either, considering it'll get done one day.

• Upvote 6

Just now, Cameron said:

The most important parts of the aircraft in a flight simulator are a cockpit. Nothing has been left out there in the least. A cabin, of all things, is hardly a strike. It doesn't really matter either, considering it'll get done one day.

"one day"  generic, no eta and likely not important based on feedback given to visual preferences.      other developers suit my desires more  but i will be buying this even for simplest of reasons and i dont care if someone things thats stupid that I won't bother studying a plane   take my money and its the same lol 

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, boeingornotgoing said:

"one day"  generic, no eta and likely not important based on feedback given to visual preferences.      other developers suit my desires more  but i will be buying this even for simplest of reasons and i dont care if someone things thats stupid that I won't bother studying a plane   take my money and its the same lol 

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-model/aircraft/

Go nuts.

• Upvote 2

I'm quite literally dreaming about flying this thing now and can't describe how unbelievably excited I am, years later, to finally see this product come to fruition.

The anticipation is so great that nothing in X-Plane is doing it for me right now... I've had to resort to binge watching 22 series worth of Top Gear. 

Save us IXEG! :)

• Upvote 1

X-Plane for me its just a simulator, and I believe that for most of you it is a simulator too. I fly in X-Plane because the realism you get you won´t get it in FSX o P3D, also because the performance is better. I just fly for fun, to enjoy the flight, to feel the environment. Although adding more FMS features it's great, it´s crazy to keep delaying the first release to put some staff that it would be hardly to use, maybe only on a professional way or doing some flying tests. I thought that you will develop a full FMS for first release and then adding more features to it for further versions. Just my opinion, great work.

2 hours ago, boeingornotgoing said:

not everyone uses VNAV and programs stuff, some people just like 21st century visuals and accurate sounds. 

- and as usual Cameron, we disagree.   your entitled to your opinion as am I

So what you're saying is that people will purchase a $60+ airliner simulation and then not even bother to properly fly it, preferring instead to hand-fly traffic patterns around their local airport like a Cessna while admiring the cabin?

Look, I appreciate a great 3D cabin and exterior as much as the next person, but let's not pretend that an accurate simulation of the primary flight systems will go horribly underutilized.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Diego747s said:

X-Plane for me its just a simulator, and I believe that for most of you it is a simulator too. I fly in X-Plane because the realism you get you won´t get it in FSX o P3D, also because the performance is better. I just fly for fun, to enjoy the flight, to feel the environment. Although adding more FMS features it's great, it´s crazy to keep delaying the first release to put some staff that it would be hardly to use, maybe only on a professional way or doing some flying tests. I thought that you will develop a full FMS for first release and then adding more features to it for further versions. Just my opinion, great work.

I'm not sure I understand this post. What are you talking about, exactly?

LNAV and VNAV are pretty significant. What stuff are you thinking we are "delaying" to put in that people will hardly use?

I think you're confused as to the status at the moment.

1 hour ago, JeanClaude said:

Gentlemen, on some video we can see centre panel with EIS and some not as well as difference on F/O forward panel that goes with. Are those options available on V1 release?

It's not easy to understand what you're asking here, but I think you're asking if you will be able to select between EIS and rolling gauges? The answer to that would be 'yes'.

2 hours ago, Cameron said:

I'm not sure I understand this post. What are you talking about, exactly?

LNAV and VNAV are pretty significant. What stuff are you thinking we are "delaying" to put in that people will hardly use?

I think you're confused as to the status at the moment.

definitely you misunderstood my post. I didn´t say LNAV and VNAV are unnecessary, it´s about how complete they are.