X-Plane Radios on VATSIM

Timendainum

I am really interested in trying out VATSIM,  I have been logging in and doing some observing, but I'm noticing some weird behavior with the radios and VATSIM.

I've tried in several different planes, all were payware planes.

Carenado B58

SSG ER-170 and ER-190

CRJ200 Javier Rollon

The main problem I am having is that xsquakbox/VATSIM doesn't seem to recognize the COM1 and COM2 mute buttons. And then maybe only transmits on COM1 no matter what is selected.

I am not positive that this isn't just issues with the CRJ200, that was the main plane that I have been flying. But, it seems to be somewhat problematic as it always seems to cause weird issues and instability with X-Plane. I love that plane, but man it just doesn't seem to work right.

Anyhow, I've moved to the ER-170, and while most of the X-plane weirdness has disappeared, the radios still don't seem quite correct.

Is this normal behavior? I think tonight I am going to try to just use COM1 for normal radio communications and tune ATIS and UNICOM to COM2, that may get me going. But, I'd love to know what the expected behavior is first.

I am already nervous enough to try this, the radio not working ads some extra stress!