Engines symetry

Jara4

LES Saab 340A is high tech simulator and one of the best (if not the best) aircraft for X-Plane. I am very happy to have possibilty to fly it.

However, what is main immersion killer (for me personally) is the symetry of bothe engine parameters. In real life the engines are never the same, ie. they never have the same ITT at the same power output (%TQ). In reality it is usual practice to place label on on the side of worst engine ITT indicator showing difference in ITT ( for example 20°C) between both engines at the same output (eg. 70% TQ). Pilots  must also perfom collection of engine data during cruise flight (TQ, ITT, NG, Np, FF, speed, alg, etc.). These data are then used for Engine Trend Monitoring program to check the deterioration trend of engines, or to reveal any hidden engine faults (HP air leakage, injectors failure, etc.). I would like to see, if it is possible to simulate, difference in power between both engines.  The best model so far is A2A´s AccuSim model for FSX. Is it possible to model something similar in X-Plane?

• Upvote 2

Retard one of the throttle levers?

No, no. That will create an asymetric torque.

Usual practice is to set engine torque at  the same value (eg. 60%), while observing ITT, to avoid overtemp of the worst engine. Maximum torque value is limited by the worst engine performance (with higher ITT). Sudden change in ITT difference between engines signalises an engine fault (bleed air leakage, damaged compressor blade, injector fault, etc.).