Please Take Pre Orders to help T Kyler

M4cD

I want to suggest you start taking Pre - Orders to assist Tom and take the pressure off .

He has previously stated he will be running out of funds by end February ,

I would rather pay now and be assured that the plane is absolutely done and working , its that important to me .

You could then reward early backers with some extra , or something really does not matter to me .

Just my 2 cents  ..

Regards

Lawrence McDonald

For a team's first product that is now at least 5 years in development?  If they take pre-orders it might NEVER be released.  For the consumer, this sounds like a nightmare scenario for taking pre-orders.

I think a way more prudent thing to do, given that the plane is clearly in a state which is functional and better than most planes in their released v1.0 form, is to set an internal "latest possible" deadline to release the plane such that the project stays within its latest budget, with the understanding that the sale proceeds would allow them to continue developing and releasing updates.

EDIT: I didn't realize Tom quit his job for IXEG so I took out my last paragraph.

Edited by wiloghby

I assure you I am fine, but thank you for the thoughts though.   No, the best thing is for us to just keep working on the remaining details until our target release feature set is implemented.  Yes, I do have a limit, no its not quite here yet but we are working every day on the remaining details (when I'm not sick).  Given an anticipated product life span of several years, we do not fret a few more weeks to make sure the product is as solid as we can get in our window of time. 

-tkyler

• Upvote 3

I assure you I am fine, but thank you for the thoughts though.   No, the best thing is for us to just keep working on the remaining details until our target release feature set is implemented.  Yes, I do have a limit, no its not quite here yet but we are working every day on the remaining details (when I'm not sick).  Given an anticipated product life span of several years, we do not fret a few more weeks to make sure the product is as solid as we can get in our window of time. 

-tkyle

When do you think everything will be ready ? 

If anything would be to save his marriage hehe. I remember a post from a while ago when he mentioned an ultimatum by the wife. I am sure that's been worked out by now, or not, but at least he kept the custody of his child (the 737). In the case of a woman, there is never a doubt that her children are hers, but since paternity is an act of faith, this can be shared with the rest of the team :) 
Please Tom , don't bother to comment, don't want to take you away even a minute from the amazing work you and the rest of the team are doing, my intention was simply to make you smile