Smartcopilot

birdy.dma

• 3 weeks later...

I did a quick test with the 1.4.1 release. 

Something is broken probably due to the new logics (Fuel, Hyd, right engine throttle, right generator annunciator).

Starting right engine (autostart, and manual start as well), end up with a mismatch between annunciators, TO/INH, GRD OP.

Please, can a dev help us, explaining what is different with the new logics, At some point, a command or a dataref is not transmited.

I will investigate a little more next week, as i am not near my Lan during this WE. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 21/01/2018 at 2:20 AM, birdy.dma said:

Hello,

The file must be in the root of the plane. 

You have to rename it as: smartcopilot.cfg.

PS: only tested with X Plane 10 and the passenger variant.

2018-01-21_17h19_22.jpg

Can anyone confirm this file still works with the new version 1.5?

Hi Wiil,

Should work, but let me 1 or 2 days to check:

The Garmin. In this area, X Plane 10 and X plane 11 are not completely similar. Also there is may be a way to sync the 2D panel. Else, what about the new CRS1 logic?

Tiller.

Manual start and auto start (Because of the new PID logic).

I have a problem with the hydraulic pump always running. For now, there is a workaround: disconnect, reconnect smartco.

JGregory or Goran, if you read this thread, have you an idea?

There is a no writable dataref, sim/operation/failures/hydraulic_pressure_ratio, which does not reach 3000 when the connection is established, and jump to this value when smartco is disconnected. At 3000, the pump stops. May be not related?

Every thing else is perfect. CRS, Garmin (2D and 3D), tiller, etc

smartcopilot.zip

1 hour ago, birdy.dma said:

I have a problem with the hydraulic pump always running. For now, there is a workaround: disconnect, reconnect smartco.

JGregory or Goran, if you read this thread, have you an idea?

There is a no writable dataref, sim/operation/failures/hydraulic_pressure_ratio, which does not reach 3000 when the connection is established, and jump to this value when smartco is disconnected. At 3000, the pump stops. May be not related?

Every thing else is perfect. CRS, Garmin (2D and 3D), tiller, etc

smartcopilot.zip

If the pump is operating correctly without SC, then I have no answer for you.  Is that the case, or did I misread your post?

11 hours ago, JGregory said:

If the pump is operating correctly without SC, then I have no answer for you.  Is that the case, or did I misread your post?

Yes, the pump is operating correctly without SC.

There is something new since X Plane 10 and the Saab 1.41. There is no problem with this combo.

Please, can you explain me the values or events involved to start/stop the pump?

Thank you for your attention.

5 hours ago, birdy.dma said:

Yes, the pump is operating correctly without SC.

There is something new since X Plane 10 and the Saab 1.41. There is no problem with this combo.

Please, can you explain me the values or events involved to start/stop the pump?

Thank you for your attention.

The hydraulic system in the Saab is completely custom.  The pump will come on as necessary to maintain pressure in the accumulator, provided there is power to the pump.  You can observe this on the hydraulic pressure gauges,  I cannot take the time to explain all the details of the logic behind this as it is far too complex and would take way too long.

5 hours ago, Major96 said:

For some reason I'm getting dataref error when I try to connect to my partner, using the most updated version for 1.5.

Thanks.   

Just for reference we can use the 1.4 version fine but with bugs.

Please post your log files if your reporting an issue.

Edited by JGregory

3 hours ago, Major96 said:

For some reason I'm getting dataref error when I try to connect to my partner, using the most updated version for 1.5.

Thanks.   

Just for reference we can use the 1.4 version fine but with bugs.

Sorry, i have no time now.

Will reply tomorrow (for me zulu + 1 h), and provide a new good file.

11 hours ago, Major96 said:

Ok I have attached the Smart copilot logs assuming that's  the correct one, If you find today's date you will be able to see the dataref errors.  

smartcopilot2.log

Good day,

You must have same :

Release of X Plane, Saab, BetterPushback (or no BP at all). Bp is probably the culprit.

Only a small bug with the digit lights. The knob can be turned by the master only. If I share this knob, it automagically turns full right. May be because it’s minimum value is never 0. Some thing is specific with this one, I don’t understand what (it’s the brightness of the GPS, NAV/COM, XPNDR).

PS: don’t assign any axis to the condition levers. Mouse only.

2018-03-22_08h57_00.jpg

smartcopilot.zip

2 hours ago, Major96 said:

Thanks for the fix however the slave of the connection losses a engine or both, not sure if this is a know problem or if we are doing something wrong, but this seems to be a issue on every flight we do.

I have no specific idea.

As usual, conflict plugins (mainly XPUIPC, FWL), X Plane failures, a switch assigned to something wrong and unannounced, an assignment to a condition lever.

Launch a speed test: http://legacy.speedtest.net/ The best upload will be the master.

If your connection is established thru Hamachi, try a direct connection with the Wan IP. If necessary, redirect port 56897 from you box to your computer.

Check your fps: 25 fps or above. No AI planes with plugin (select only stock planes).

Edited by birdy.dma

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...