IXEG 737 Progress Update - January 12th

Cameron

Don't worry about X-plane's native autopilot. The 737 autopilot is coded by us from scratch. Currently around 2000 lines of code and another 500 the MCP.

Since when did you dump Lua and start using Lisp?  B)

Edited by StevenM

Indeed a winner here.

I'd just like to see some passenger windows lighted at night. Speaking about sounds, will be some cabin crew announcements included like catering or turbulence warning. I know purists will dismiss my question as trivial but I'm one of those who like to feel in a realistic environment.

Edit

Regarding my last question I've found an answer in the not included features...

• Cabin crew interaction. Omitted due to time constraints. Planning to have basic interaction, for opening doors, for example. Need to get sound-samples first, basic infrastructure in place, though.

Lighted windows would be nice though for external views.

Edited by Leporello
  • Upvote 1

I'm about to complain to the police, making a such video, without a buy link or even a preorder link, is just illegal, this is torture.....

Just kidding xP.

Well this truly eyes and ears orgasm, lol :)

But this was not Jan flying was it ? Vr at 117 and rotate at 155ish, lol ?

Edited by cmbaviator

I'm about to complain to the police, making a such video, without a buy link or even a preorder link, is just illegal, this is torture.....

Just kidding xP.

Well this truly eyes and ears orgasm, lol :)

And you know I wouldn´t ruin two perfectly fine and very expensive CFM-56´s on takeoff and climbout like that, don´t you? But - you can hear the "sawtooth" effect of the very high RPM a lot better that way.

Jan

Cameron,

I look every day for that big splash screen to finally announce the sale of the B737-300. One of these days it will appear and will be a big day for all concerned.

The videos and verbal explanations are really encouraging - a fantastic X-Plane aircraft. From what I have seen, it really puts you in the cockpit - very realistic from sights to sounds.

Great work.

This looks and sounds awesome, cant wait. I have resisted the temptation to blow the dust off my credit card and purchase FF B767 Professional. It will only bend one way, the credit card that is, and it has to be the  IXEG B737 Classic. So hopefully it will be here very shortly and will it only be available on X-Aviation or will it be in the x-plane org store as well.

Mike Douglas

EGGP

Those bumping sounds can only hear when the nose wheel is on the centerline or anyway on the taxiway,runway ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Anytime - there is no way for us to determine if the plane is "on a centerline" or even "over a light". Not possible in X-Plane. But many taxiways and runways are very bumpy in real life, and the bumping and rattling is something you can hear and feel very well in a 737 - especially when sitting over the nosewheel.

Jan

Lighted windows would be nice though for external views.

The cabin (or 3D for that matter is not completed), so something like this would be in very final steps. Work in progress, but we wanted to show where we're at anyhow! :)

Haha, no. This was not a procedural video. Purely a showing off of sounds with no care in the world to how it's flown before I press File > Quit.

This is simply awesome. best product ever coming to X-Plane :) Wish I have the same resources/time spend on L-410... This release delays L-410 release :D

This is totally OFFTOPIC, stop reading if you don't like sarcasm :)

This is a hanger:

Coat-hanger-006.jpg

This is a hangar:

qgeAKtQ.jpg

</grammarnazi> ;)

• Upvote 1

But was there ever a discussion to use a "brand new" look?

Not that I can recall, but I'll put a squash on that now and say with rather certainty it won't be happening, especially for 1.0. A lot of work went into faithfully replicating what current aircraft look like. Hopefully you'll all enjoy it when it's in your hands! :)

I know that the classic is an "old" plane and the cockpit has a used look. And I love it.

But was there ever a discussion to use a "brand new" look?

I second Cameron, definitely not for V1.0 - not ruling it out for later, although it would mean a lot of work just for another "look". And I am not sure if there are still any pictures of brandnew Classics available anywhere :D .

Jan