Real Weather Connector - Screenshots thread #3

Hi All,

Today we began testing a new beta of Real Weather Connector which offers up some more refined clouds and colorations. These are the first tests in such a scenario when utilizing Real Weather Connector.

The screenshots are taken at a range of altitudes during climb out from an area in California. Final screenshots are take at FL300.

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

• Upvote 11

I am a loyal user, how will this effect frame rates?

Hey there,

Honestly, with improvements we've been doing to SkyMaxx Pro 3 as a whole, I'm getting more FPS today with the new build and this new Real Weather Connector than I was with SkyMaxx Pro v3.

We'll have more info about SkyMaxx Pro v3.1 later (which will of course be free for existing SMP3 users).

• Upvote 3

Nice shots.  

Cameron,

I assume that these shots are taken with default XPX weather download and injecting, RWC just smoothes out the weather change, so that we don't experiance the ridiculous instant change right in front of our eyes, right?  Could you elaborate a bit how this RWC will work with Pilot's FSGRW product?  Thanks in advance.

Vu

Will atmospheric haze be in the future update to SkyMaxPro? I know there's a plug-in avaliable, but I don't want to use it because I like the default lights and water settings. I only want the haze effects. I think that would be a cool future add-on.

Nice screen also! Looking forward to this add-on.

Will atmospheric haze be in the future update to SkyMaxPro? I know there's a plug-in avaliable, but I don't want to use it because I like the default lights and water settings. I only want the haze effects. I think that would be a cool future add-on.

No. Being a commercial product, when Laminar tells you not to play with certain things and they are prone to break...well, you don't play with them!

This looks great and I am a huge fan of SkyMaxx...  I have 3 networked views on XP10 and the only thing that annoys me is that the weather does not seem to coordinate well between the views. I can be in full cloud on my main cockpit view (with zero visibility) and can see scenery on the side views. this will then flip and the main view clears. This seems to be a lag between the weather updating. From what I have read, this may help by providing a longer view on weather. Will it help?

Not really sure what you mean. These have always been available with SkyMaxx.

I think he is talking about a real 3D implementation of them and not just a flat picture.

I asked for this feature a while ago , I got a response with many technical tuff that I didn't really understand LOL , however I think this will be cool!

On another note , I think there is a problem with the new overcast introduced in V3 ... visibility starts decreasing before you actually visually reach the clouds layer , and then it increases when you are well below that overcast layer.

This can cause problems with minimums in bad weather and IMO you should look into it..

As for this product , I've been waiting for this kind of thing since SMP's day 1 , this will be a game changer for Xplane in terms of weather.

Edited by mtaxp

On another note , I think there is a problem with the new overcast introduced in V3 ... visibility starts decreasing before you actually visually reach the clouds layer , and then it increases when you are well below that overcast layer.

This can cause problems with minimums in bad weather and IMO you should look into it..

That would be cloud scud. Perfectly normal, by design, and often encountered in real life. There's also technical reasons why this is present, but I won't bore you with all of that. :)