Sign in to follow this  
CrzyDmnd

Some issues with the MU-2...

Hi:

The MU-2 is an fun little twin turboprop to play around with.  However, I've found a few issues with it that, if dealt with, would make this a nearly perfect aircraft (short of updating the interior to look as stellar as the exterior model):

• Transponder blanks out and stop responding after a few key inputs (already reported earlier... but this is *critical* for flying on online networks such as PilotEdge)
  • When starting engines, the engine start up noise is heard in the opposite direction (i.e., starting the right engine, sound comes from the left side)
  • COM/NAV frequency datarefs cannot be modified.  Since these radios do not have a standby memory channel, flying with ATC service is already a challenge enough, but to have voice control apps (such as PlaneCommand) or helper plug-ins (such as COM1RadioTuner) not work with this plane makes having to manually tune frequencies while hand-flying the plane a challenge.  The purpose of these helper plug-ins is to help reduce task-saturation when flying with ATC service.

I'd appreciate if these issues could be address... it would certainly allow me to fly this wonderful plane more often.

Thanks,

CrzyDmnd

Edited by CrzyDmnd

Hi:

The MU-2 is an fun little twin turboprop to play around with.  However, I've found a few issues with it that, if dealt with, would make this a nearly perfect aircraft (short of updating the interior to look as stellar as the exterior model):

• Transponder blanks out and stop responding after a few key inputs (already reported earlier... but this is *critical* for flying on online networks such as PilotEdge)
  • When starting engines, the engine start up noise is heard in the opposite direction (i.e., starting the right engine, sound comes from the left side)
  • COM/NAV frequency datarefs cannot be modified.  Since these radios do not have a standby memory channel, flying with ATC service is already a challenge enough, but to have voice control apps (such as PlaneCommand) or helper plug-ins (such as COM1RadioTuner) not work with this plane makes having to manually tune frequencies while hand-flying the plane a challenge.  The purpose of these helper plug-ins is to help reduce task-saturation when flying with ATC service.

I'd appreciate if these issues could be address... it would certainly allow me to fly this wonderful plane more often.

Thanks,

CrzyDmnd

I don't have this aircraft, but I know how to solve the sound issue. All you have to do is name the right engine start sound whatever the left is currently named and vice versa. For example, let's say these are the sounds: Start_L and Start_R. If Start_L is what plays when you start the right engine, then all you have to do is rename it as Start_R and rename Start_R as Start_L. Hopefully this helps.

I don't have this aircraft, but I know how to solve the sound issue. All you have to do is name the right engine start sound whatever the left is currently named and vice versa. For example, let's say these are the sounds: Start_L and Start_R. If Start_L is what plays when you start the right engine, then all you have to do is rename it as Start_R and rename Start_R as Start_L. Hopefully this helps.

This won't help.

• Downvote 1

This won't help.

Why, exactly, won't it help? I did the exact same thing with the X-Crafts E175 and it fixed the issue. One sound was in one ear and the other sound was in the other ear. They were the wrong way around. All I had to do was rename one as the other and vice versa. It should work.

Why, exactly, won't it help? I did the exact same thing with the X-Crafts E175 and it fixed the issue. One sound was in one ear and the other sound was in the other ear. They were the wrong way around. All I had to do was rename one as the other and vice versa. It should work.

Because some sounds can be controlled by a plugin, not by default X-Plane like you're used to.

Please leave these types of suggestions to the developer(s) of the product.

• Upvote 1

Because some sounds can be controlled by a plugin, not by default X-Plane like you're used to.

Thank you for the explanation. The only way you can learn what you were mistaken about is if someone tells you what it is that you were mistaken about. Your explanation is appreciated :)

• Upvote 1