VSPEEDS

g650flyer

Greetings all and Happy New Year!!,

After looking at the performance charts, I notice that flap configuration is not listed. In some of the aircraft I've flown real world, you see this from time to time. In performance manuals, the verbiage in the introduction will explain the charts and describe the configuration that they are based on in case it's not reflected on the chart itself. I learned early on in my flying career when I flew C-141Bs and KC-10As, you had to pay particular attention to section introductions and chart notes. There were always standard day temperature, CG, Flap position, runway surface condition and runway slope corrections in the intro and in the chart notes. You would easily get performance questions wrong on your yearly open book qualification exam if you didn't read the notes. I was wondering if someone could look into the source document of the included charts to see what the VSPEED charts are based on. I remember the DC10 charts had standard speeds for V1, Vr and V2 with correction grids for flap settings.

Rich 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...