Saab 340A hydraulics off?

pots

Yesterday I read from Avherald about incident "Accident: Sol SF34 at Mendoza on Jan 2nd 2013, veered off taxiway"( http://avherald.com/h?article=45b81c39). According to the report this airline had tradition to shut off electrical hydraulics pump (to protect EFIS screens?) before engine shut fown and start it after both engines are working. This time the pump was not switched on, crew started to taxi despite of multiple warnings, lost nose wheel steering and braking and ended 20 m out of taxiway. Aircraft is now written off. Now I am trying to create this situation with Saab 340A version 1.3, but have not yet managed to lose all braking and nose wheel steering. Should I try more?

Edit - link corrected.

Vahur

Edited by pots

• 2 weeks later...

pots,

Regarding the EFIS screens, 

When the engine driven DC generators are not running (and external power IS connected) when the hydraulic pump activates, all 4 EFIS screens in the aircraft go black. They dim, flash on and off once or twice and red flags for all attitude heading and reference (AHRS) information appear. This occurs because the load required by the hydraulic pump to operate is very large. The ground power unit just does not seem to be able to provide enough power/current for an instantaneous large increase in load. This affects the screens and causes what I mentioned above. While 1 or both engine driven DC generators are running this is not an issue. 

Just some more info for those curious :)

^Wolf^