Classic Gauge Options

737NUT

Well I see there is an option for the engine gauges to be 'round dial' and I didn't see the primary instruments listed anywhere. Of course I am old and crumbly so I may have missed it.

My apologies, I am the one that is old and crumbly! ;)

I didn´t read your intial post carefully enough - no, the primary flightinstruments are - to my knowledge - always CRT displays on the 737-300. They were mechanical on the 737-100 and -200, but not any more after that.

Cheers, Jan

I didn´t read your intial post carefully enough - no, the primary flightinstruments are - to my knowledge - always CRT displays on the 737-300. They were mechanical on the 737-100 and -200, but not any more after that.

Cheers, Jan

If this video is to be believed 733s with mechanical gauges do..or at least..did exist.. 

Edited by sronayne96
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Jan

Jan,

There are lots of 733's out there that were steam style gauge with the FMS and 177AP   In fact Kyle said he saw a SouthWest still flying recently with that setup shown above.  I have the set up above minus the FMC in my basement. All real parts. :)

Rob

Hi, being a San Antonio, TX native, I fly Southwest quite often and without a doubt, there are -300s with steam-gauge primary instruments.  I can't believe they still fly them :)   Anyhow, we are not modeling these old steam style primary instruments.   A bit of clarification is in order and very important to keep in mind when 'guessing' what we will or won't simulate.

Our goal was to create a FMS based 737 airliner and an important part of that FMS was a graphical display of the route, hence the EFIS displays.  At the time, the x737 project was reasonably mature and so decided to do the 737-300 so as to not clutter the 'market' per se.  The end goal was to have a great simulation of a airliner that could be used on VATSIM and for learning how to operate one.  Our goal was NOT complete 'accuracy of configuration' or 'accuracy of options'.  The more configurations we try and simulate, the bigger the workload and the longer the development time and well...we have to stop somewhere of course.

Now that is not to say that we would not wake up one day and say, "hey, lets put in some old steam gauge primary instruments"....but that would definitely comes secondary to this initial offering.  We are anxious to get into the virtual skies and fly us some "modern" (go ahead an laugh) airliners!

-tkyler

• Upvote 1

Jan,

There are lots of 733's out there that were steam style gauge with the FMS and 177AP   In fact Kyle said he saw a SouthWest still flying recently with that setup shown above.  I have the set up above minus the FMC in my basement. All real parts. :)

Rob

Well, you learn something new every day! :o Thanks for the information!

Jan

There's the FJS -200 already. Plenty of steam gauges on that one. ;)

Been there doing that ;)  I'm after better systems integration.  ~FJS732 is good but lacking in systems is driving nuts. Sounds leave allot to be desired as well.

Here is a pic of my current sim, this is why I had hoped the steam 737-300 would be made  :)

post-26592-0-35937700-1450450909_thumb.j

• Upvote 6

Been there doing that ;)  I'm after better systems integration.  ~FJS732 is good but lacking in systems is driving nuts. Sounds leave allot to be desired as well.

Here is a pic of my current sim, this is why I had hoped the steam 737-300 would be made   :)

Thats totally awesome - I just don´t understand, since you seem to have real mechanical instruments in your cockpit, why would you need us to do virtual ones? Isn´t it more about providing interface to drive the real ones?

Cheers, Jan

Thats totally awesome - I just don´t understand, since you seem to have real mechanical instruments in your cockpit, why would you need us to do virtual ones? Isn´t it more about providing interface to drive the real ones?

Cheers, Jan

Hi Jan,

I could probably drive about 75% of it from x-plane datarefs but there are a few specifics that I would use IEXG refs.  Time will tell when I see your datarefs. ;)

Thanks all for the compliments.  Been a dream come true but allot of work left to do.  It is about 85% functional and primary instruments are 99% functional.

Rob

• 1 month later...
On 17 décembre 2015 at 5:59 PM, 737NUT said:

Will there be an option for 'Steam" gauges for the primary instruments like the early

On 18 décembre 2015 at 3:46 AM, tkyler said:

Our goal was to create a FMS based 737 airliner and an important part of that FMS was a graphical display of the route, hence the EFIS displays.

And if we split the difference (couper la poire en deux mais je sais pas si ca se traduit vraiment en anglais :rolleyes:)

An 300 with (strange) FMS & an EFIS in center and classical gauges.

L2FSXk.png

;)

Question: what is the light in the VS gauge in 1.43?

Edited by Paterpilar
Question
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Paterpilar said:

Question: what is the light in the VS gauge in 1.43?

Yes, this is the way for the TCAS to show the correct vertical speed to fly in a RA situation. More modern aircraft depict a "keep out zone" like a trapezoid in the EADI, or a "green and red" zone in the vertical speed indicator on the EADI (Airbus).

Jan

• Upvote 1

On February 9, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Litjan said:

Yes, this is the way for the TCAS to show the correct vertical speed to fly in a RA situation. More modern aircraft depict a "keep out zone" like a trapezoid in the EADI, or a "green and red" zone in the vertical speed indicator on the EADI (Airbus).

Jan

Are realistic RAs actually modelled!!?? Or is this a limitation you simply cannot bypass?

EDIT: Question answered in another thread. Thank you.

Edited by cod360
EDIT: Question answered in another thread. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...