IXEG 737 Screenshots - December 16th

Cameron

I Have an iMac 27" with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB  and I stretch the screen across three monitors with HDR settings and so far so good.  I can't wait to try this beauty out.  From the older videos to the newest ones on this plane, even though you say it's not quite finished yet, I think you are way out in front of everyone else.  I have about 50 or so payware aircraft, and from what I've seen in Jan's videos and the pictures that you guys have posted, I'm a huge fan.  Thanks for all your hard work, and you will all reap the rewards of your hard labors as soon as this plane is released.

If you mean the "chevron" type FD - then no. I hate it, can´t fly it and don´t want it in my airplane :D .

If you mean that you can only use one flight director (on-side), then yes.

Jan

Just curious because Southwest uses the Single Cue or "Chevron" FD. But then again, WN uses steam gauges, too and you aren't creating those. Just a question coming from a real WN pilot. ;)

A single cue would be very nice to have!  That's how most were equipped in the USA.
Thanks for any consideration.  I'm very much looking forward to flying your B733.

Does anyone have some pics of the single cue on a 737-300 digital HSI?

I'm not so sure such a thing exists, but definitely happy to be proven wrong in this regard. :)

I noticed that there are no dialing numbers on joke. It helps sometimes to putt your callsign number there when flying on line. But, I can live with out it, maybe in future versions.

Could just be something that isn't ready yet, the space for them is there...

On EFIS planes you have the option to select "v bars" single cue or "cross hairs" double cue flight directors, at least in all the EFIS systems that I have seen.

The change from single cue to dual cue flight directors is accomplished by pin programming down in the e&e compartment. In fact, most options such as altitude callouts and T-arrangement instruments (such as the Southwests' 737NG) are accomplished this way

Every airline will have a preference in this regard and normally the entire fleet will use either a single-cue flight director or the cross-hair arrangement.

Thanks,

jetjerry

• Upvote 1

The change from single cue to dual cue flight directors is accomplished by pin programming down in the e&e compartment.

Which, to the layman, means not something a pilot can press and achieve in the cockpit.

Why do you suppose so many carriers opted not to have the single cue on the -300, Jerry? Seems weird considering many North American carriers use the cue on other aircraft. You'd think if it were a "simple" pin programming by a mechanic they would just go for that.