RAMZEZZ Boeing 777 Worldliner not compatible with X-plane 10.4+

vtremsin10

When he went to college and didn't have any more time to fly in X-plane (and kind of lost interest in flight simming), he gave the aircraft folder to me. He in fact DOES NOT USE IT anymore, so I am not redestributing it, or making an illegal copy. He just gave it to me and now I'm the only owner of the airplane.

This is piracy. Sorry, but your justification of this sucks.

I suppose you may as well pirate the products if you are treated as such and forced to wait 2 weeks to simply get a new key/download link. Love the things XAviation sells but the amount of anti piracy features you all have is ridiculous. If you are already forced to sign into your account in the sim to activate the product why is there even further levels of protection.

I suppose you may as well pirate the products if you are treated as such and forced to wait 2 weeks to simply get a new key/download link. Love the things XAviation sells but the amount of anti piracy features you all have is ridiculous. If you are already forced to sign into your account in the sim to activate the product why is there even further levels of protection.

This topic was about an X-Plane.org product.

I don't care to comment on the rest of your post since it's a clear waste of energy.

You don't think we're entitled to protect our hard work, that can sometimes take years to finish, with anti piracy features/DRM?

If you think piracy is deterred or prevented by a simple account sign in, then you are very much mistaken.  

Of course you should protect your product. I never stated otherwise. But the way X-Aviation does it hurts customers who pay for the products. There are other ways to prevent piracy and the form implemented by you all is effective yet inconvenient. Having to wait over 2 weeks to re download something I purchased is absurd. No other reputable company uses such ridiculous DRM methods yet can protect their works from piracy. All I'm saying is the system in effect could be improved on the customers end and still offer protection, maybe it's something you all could look into... 

This topic was about an X-Plane.org product.

I don't care to comment on the rest of your post since it's a clear waste of energy.

..but of course you won't, because all I've seen on this forum is a massive virtual circlejerk between Cameron and the developers here when any criticism of your products comes up. For someone who founded their own company and offers support you have awful communication/social skills. The way you speak to users on the forums is pathetic - did you ever learn how to properly interact with other humans? 

Anyway, my point was if you treat your paying customers like pirates and make them jump through hoops just to use the product they paid for, then why would they continue to pay for these things when they can just pirate and have the same experience?

Edited by burz96

Of course you should protect your product. I never stated otherwise. But the way X-Aviation does it hurts customers who pay for the products. There are other ways to prevent piracy and the form implemented by you all is effective yet inconvenient. Having to wait over 2 weeks to re download something I purchased is absurd. No other reputable company uses such ridiculous DRM methods yet can protect their works from piracy. All I'm saying is the system in effect could be improved on the customers end and still offer protection, maybe it's something you all could look into... 

..but of course you won't, because all I've seen on this forum is a massive virtual circlejerk between Cameron and the developers here when any criticism of your products comes up. For someone who founded their own company and offers support you have awful communication/social skills. The way you speak to users on the forums is pathetic - did you ever learn how to properly interact with other humans? 

Anyway, my point was if you treat your paying customers like pirates and make them jump through hoops just to use the product they paid for, then why would they continue to pay for these things when they can just pirate and have the same experience?

There's always the option to not purchase products if you do not like the anti-piracy methods here although it looks as if they seemed overprotective, they have the right to protect their product in which they poured hours and effort into, so there should be no questions asked about that. They way Cameron and the developers communicate with customers is responsive, straight to the point and informative from what I see.

Lastly, this topic is about FF's 777 incompatibility issues with v10.40+ Maybe you should be the one to know how to properly interact with others instead of slapping devs with overprotectiveness accusations in a thread not even relevant.

Burz96, Come back here when you've grown up and are a little more mature. Your true young childish age is shining at the moment.

This was never part of the discussion, and you'll find it very hard to find our products available for piracy anywhere. I'm sure people would pirate if they could, just like the guy here with an org product.

Having to wait over 2 weeks to re download something I purchased is absurd.

Two weeks is extraordinary. 3 days is more like it.

What's really more absurd is your sense, ability, and failure to backup your own software.