IXEG 737 Progress Update - December 12th FMS VNAV

tkyler

Hi All,  We've posted another video demonstrating some of the VNAV features during the climb phase.  There are many different ways to control/affect the aircraft's vertical progress, including flaps, restrictions on speed and/or altitude and the MCP altitude knob.  Follow along with Jan as he explains some of the features of the climb phase.

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 18

Great Work guys, looking good. Hope the model will support those of us who have a heavy investment into Saitek  equipment. That would be the strong selling point for me.  Looking forward to the finish product, and if I buy it, I would primarily use the model for FS-Economy.

Dion Markgraf

AKA:Dionsool

Flight Simulation & Avation Enthusiast

Guys,

Is this B-737 a download for X-Plane? If so where can it be found. I'd like to have a copy. It's very similar to the B-757/767 that I flew for Eastern Air Lines and Gulf Air in Bahrain.

Phil Hansen

philhansen@comcast.net

Edited by Mac-man

@Jan

I have a request:

When you will be recording the final approach and landing, could you perform an autoland this time, I would like to see how smooth the flare is ? In real life the autoland performs a kiss landing but others developers seems to mess the autoland, it flares too late and we have a hard landing.

Another request:

Re do the autoland but let's say at 500 Fts AGL, engage toga:

I want to see the STS ( speed trim system) entiring in action and see the lateral and vertical mode to switch from LOc and Gs to LNAV and VnAV( I think that in case of a Go Around, the lateral and vertical mode switched back to the managed mode if you know what I mean ( LVAV and VNAV).

I hope I didn't ask too much

CMB

Sent from Tapatalk

@Jan

I have a request:

When you will be recording the final approach and landing, could you perform an autoland this time, I would like to see how smooth the flare is ? In real life the autoland performs a kiss landing but others developers seems to mess the autoland, it flares too late and we have a hard landing.

Another request:

Re do the autoland but let's say at 500 Fts AGL, engage toga:

I want to see the STS ( speed trim system) entiring in action and see the lateral and vertical mode to switch from LOc and Gs to LNAV and VnAV( I think that in case of a Go Around, the lateral and vertical mode switched back to the managed mode if you know what I mean ( LVAV and VNAV).

I hope I didn't ask too much

CMB

Sent from Tapatalk

And those modes are not what you see when you do a go-around, and much less so when doing an automatic go-around from a dual-channel approach. Especially not the speed trim system with autopilots engaged...

But this will be a lesson for another time.

Jan

Litjan "DDHDDF1" is this how your LH company routes look like?

More like how a goofball like me names the file when I'm writing code to save/load the coroutes.   As soon we we're done with this, I'll be the first in line for Jan's training!

-tkyler