Jan's computer specs?

burz96

I have a question for Jan I am sure has been asked but I can't find the answer:

What are the specs on your computer and can you show your rendering settings? I'm running a i53570k @4.4ghz and a GTX 780 and I find my sim running lower FPS than yours AND you're recording. Would love to get it running as smooth as yours.

I have a question for Jan I am sure has been asked but I can't find the answer:

What are the specs on your computer and can you show your rendering settings? I'm running a i53570k @4.4ghz and a GTX 780 and I find my sim running lower FPS than yours AND you're recording. Would love to get it running as smooth as yours.

Core i5 2500k running at 4.0Ghz. Geforce GTX 970. Recording with FRAPS.

post-3933-0-71004300-1449486105_thumb.jp

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 2

Jan on a related question do you have skymaxx ,and the weather engine you are currently using ?

Thank you

Lawrence

I do have skymaxx pro version 2, and I used it on some of the movies I made. I feel that it helps with performance compared to the default clouds, for example.

Do you use a SSD? I have mine on an SSD for faster loading and it does improve the FPS during the loading times

Yes, I use a SSD, but if I remember correctly, it doesn´t help much with the loading times. At least not as much as you think it would.

Cheers, Jan

Core i5 2500k running at 4.0Ghz. Geforce GTX 970. Recording with FRAPS.

attachicon.gifRendering settings.jpg

Cheers, Jan

Important as well is the installed scenery and the area you actually fly in.

W2XP or U/HD mesh can easily half your FPS in areas with good OSM coverage and/or Mountains, the same goes for large addon-airports. Screen resolution is also a factor with some settings.  

Most FPS comparisions are worthless because not all factors are considered. No problem to run XP on high rendering settings with 60 FPS in a rural area with default scenery. Add W2XP, HD Mesh, a 4k screen and Paris to the mix - voilà: Triple the loading time and 10 FPS.

Flo

Edited by FloB