Things that are NOT going to be in V1.5

Litjan

At first I thought to myself, "wow, that's a pretty long list for something that's been in development for 5 years," but I see that most of those things are just eye candy and other minor stuff. Not that I don't care for those, but I can definitely live with that for the time being (especially if I finally get a reliable and accurately represented 737 in X-Plane). In fact, IXEG being such honest and transparent developer means much more to me than a having wing-flex or what have you. I have but two things to add, though:

1) "3D Pilots in Cockpit - not added because we don´t have a good model" - I think you'd make for a very good model, Jan! (pun intended)  ;) Joking aside, I see your concern, but I'd still rather had not-so-good looking pilots in the cockpit (outside view only that is) than having to look at unmanned aircraft sailing through the sky. I guess nobody will inspect them from up-close anyway... If you were talking about having a copilot sitting on his seat in cockpit view, than I agree completely. I think CRJ200 had that and I would just turn him off instantly because he looked like that "automatic pilot" from "Airplane!" movie and ate FPS for breakfast.

2) I see "optional eyebrow windows" are not on the list. So, will they make it to 1.0 provided we already have options for winglets and steam gauge engine instruments? I have a livery in mind that I'd like to make and unfortunately it ceased to operate before they even started retro-fitting the plugs.

As always, thanks for your hard work guys, my wallet is ready!

Edited by ONDR4.cz
  • Upvote 4

Good videos, thank you. I am not saying there is no wingflex on a 737. Certainly less than on a 767, maybe less than on a NG (not sure if the wing is different), but definitely more than none. We will look into adding it later - but the initial comment stands, it has been shifted down in the priority order as our first objective is to get the functionality of this plane right, then release what we have and keep building and improving on that.

We will solicit the opinion of our customer after release and adjust post-release efforts accordingly. If wing-flex is what everyone wants, then wing-flex is going to go up on the list!

Cheers, Jan

Thanks for being so honest with your customers. Would it be possible to at least allow keyboard input with the CDU?

It would be possible, but not likely included for V1.0 - To tell you the truth, I don´t see this as a big inconvenience. You are not going to write long letters home on the CDU, and clicking the keys with the mouse is pretty fast, for the limited amount of stuff you enter. Certainly as fast as clicking on the CDU to have input-focus, then typing on your keyboard, then clicking on the CDU´s LSK again to insert where you want it. It´s a reality of operation (and I have written lengthy text on those CDU´s...) and something that is presented fairly realistically in the 3D cockpit.

Jan

Good videos, thank you. I am not saying there is no wingflex on a 737. Certainly less than on a 767, maybe less than on a NG (not sure if the wing is different), but definitely more than none. We will look into adding it later - but the initial comment stands, it has been shifted down in the priority order as our first objective is to get the functionality of this plane right, then release what we have and keep building and improving on that.

We will solicit the opinion of our customer after release and adjust post-release efforts accordingly. If wing-flex is what everyone wants, then wing-flex is going to go up on the list!

Cheers, Jan

No problems, I think you are doing a great job with everything. I think it is just cool looking at the sidewindow seeing the wingtips vibrate, it adds something to the immersion. But the most important things is to get a good flightmodel and a functional and immersive cockpit. I really hope that the cockpit is clear and easy too look in. A bad example is the Flightfactor 757 cockpit, where everything is so hard to read, especially the CDU-panel and the altimeter.

PS.

I'm looking forward for the realistic CIVA implementation. ;)

.DS

2) I see "optional eyebrow windows" are not on the list. So, will they make it to 1.0 provided we already have options for winglets and steam gauge engine instruments? I have a livery in mind that I'd like to make and unfortunately it ceased to operate before they even started retro-fitting the plugs.

As always, thanks for your hard work guys, my wallet is ready!

I added those to the list for now - sorry ;-) I definitely want to have those eventually, so you have an ally! I remember some of my Captains back then who insisted to always take out the sun-shielding in the eyebrow windows "in case an airplane comes straight at you from that angle"... I guess it could have happened... :unsure:

By the way, the length of the list is nibbling on everyone´s pride here at IXEG - it´s like moving house and you think you have everything in the last truck, only to find out that there is almost another truckload of stuff spread all through the rooms... The list is not final - in both directions. We are still hopefull that we can scratch the odd item off the list, as time becomes available. Tom can´t do VNAV straight for days, he would crack at some point. So that´s when he turns to some mundane 3D, for example.

Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Upvote 1

Will an updater be included in the package?  And will there be an option to take winglets on and off?

There will be an installer - every time a new version comes out, you get a notification from the store. The winglets can be added and removed with the click of a button, even mid-flight.

• Upvote 2

Actually, I was flying home in a 737-800 and the airplane was landing in a wind of 24 knots and quite much turbulence at the ride down to the runway. I was sitting behind the wings, and watched the wingtips vibrating violently. It was a very nasty experience, and I have not imagined how violently wingtips may vibrate in turbulence. I have big regrets I did not tape it.

The 737NGs have larger wingspans. The two videos you posted are of an NG and a 767. The NG alone has roughly 22 feet of extra wing!

Do realize that the larger the wingspan, the more flex. It wouldn't be so drastic on the -300. :)

• Upvote 3

• Litjan changed the title to Things that are NOT going to be in V1.31
  • Litjan changed the title to Things that are NOT going to be in V1.5
  • Morten pinned this topic