Things that are NOT going to be in V1.5

Litjan

23 minutes ago, Alpha Floor said:

If I may, I want to input my desire for this to be modelled! :)

I like to record videos doing approaches. What I do typically is take-off, fly straight to the IAF and enter the holding over that waypoint while I prepare and brief for the approach. :) Without a good way of entering the hold, I won't be able to just let LNAV make me fly in circles over the IAF and be able to forget about it while I install and prepare everything.

While I in no way want to downplay the importance of the HOLD function, may I inquire what is stopping you from doing your approach preparation while you are enroute to your airport? Or - if you do a very short flight - just to enter two random waypoints in your LEGs page so the airplane flies back and forth?

Jan

6 minutes ago, Litjan said:

may I inquire what is stopping you from doing your approach preparation while you are enroute to your airport?

Aber sicher!

I'm perfectly aware that what I do is not what you would do in real life. The thing is sometimes I just want to fly an approach from the IAF. I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that it's not possible yet to save situation files. If that were possible, I'd just fly, say, EDDH to EDDM, do the entire flight "properly" and once I reach the IAF, I would just save the entire situation and next time I would just have to load it from there :)

So what I do in the sim is just position the aircraft on the airport I want to fly in, take-off, fly to the IAF, enter the hold and prepare everything from there.

You can see what I mean here. This is an approach to LFMN VOR 04. What I did was take-off from LFMN, fly to the IAF, enter the hold, prepare everything and then start recording the video. Also I will brief the approach and everything during the hold, so it's recorded and I can exit the hold whenever fits best :)

Mit freundlichen Grüssen,

Edited by Alpha Floor

Ach so! ^_^

A tip - fly to the IAF, then push LNAV (this will disengage LNAV and you will enter the fallback state "CWS R"). Now enter a slight bank, maybe 10 degrees by pushing your joystick to the side. the plane will just keep flying circles until you engage another roll mode. If you have no wind, this will keep you circling over the same spot...

Jan

18 minutes ago, Litjan said:

A tip - fly to the IAF, then push LNAV (this will disengage LNAV and you will enter the fallback state "CWS R"). Now enter a slight bank, maybe 10 degrees by pushing your joystick to the side. the plane will just keep flying circles until you engage another roll mode. If you have no wind, this will keep you circling over the same spot...

Danke sehr!

I will do this for now until there's HOLD functionality :) 

6 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Of course there is NOT! What are you thinking this is?? :lol:

Jan

A highly modern aircraft with a 6 display LCD-EFIS, FBW, sometimes some strange behaviour where the manufacturer doesn't know whats going on, and ofc a overhead where everything is set on auto and forgot about (if not, EICAS takes care) :lol:.

Edited by ixam500
Grammar mistake
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, ixam500 said:

A quick question: Is there any way to enter a FPA into the MCP, as you can do on the "beloved" Airbus?

If you want to fly a FPA, you could work around this either by selecting V/S and doing the math. You need to know Ground-Speed and the Angle you want to fly. For the typical 3º glide, multiply your GS by 5 and that will do it.

Another way would be building the profile in the legs page. Enter two waypoints, their passing altitudes to match the FPA, and it will compute a "ramp" in-between those with the angle you want. This has the advantage that you don't need to fly a constant GS for it to work.

Edited by Alpha Floor

24 minutes ago, ixam500 said:

A highly modern aircraft with a 6 display LCD-EFIS, FBW, sometimes some strange behaviour where the manufacturer doesn't know whats going on, and ofc a overhead where everything is set on auto and forgot about (if not, EICAS takes care) :lol:.

In a perfect world, maybe...

20 minutes ago, Alpha Floor said:

If you want to fly a FPA, you could work around this either by selecting V/S and doing the math. You need to know Ground-Speed and the Angle you want to fly. For the typical 3º glide, multiply your GS by 5 and that will do it.

Another way would be building the profile in the legs page. Enter two waypoints, their passing altitudes to match the FPA, and it will compute a "ramp" in-between those with the angle you want. This has the advantage that you don't need to fly a constant GS for it to work.

And there will also be an output of FPA on the DESCENT page (once we get that working)...

2 hours ago, jiggyb2 said:

When I saw someone asking for FPA I had a feeling it is one of those things a Boeing pilot would laugh you out the room for... turns out I was right! :lol:

Well, the 777/787 offer FPA capability :)

See the little button on top of the V/S window, allows one to toggle between V/S and FPA. In fact the window is in FPA mode

0278843.jpg

Boeing or Airbus, both are highly automated nowadays. It's not really true that a Boeing is "less" automated than an Airbus. The flying/cockpit philosophy might be different, but the automation is there on both manufacturers :)

• Upvote 2

Just now, Alpha Floor said:

Well, the 777/787 offer FPA capability :)

See the little button on top of the V/S window, allows one to toggle between V/S and FPA. In fact the window is in FPA mode

0278843.jpg

Boeing or Airbus, both are highly automated nowadays. It's not really true that a Boeing is "less" automated than an Airbus. The flying/cockpit philosophy might be different, but the automation is there on both manufacturers :)

OK I'll concede I should have mentioned "old-school" Somewhere in there ;)

Just now, Alpha Floor said:

hahaha, yeah. Just excuse me for being too nitpicky :)

Ahaha it's fine - I did think there was a possibility of more modern Boeings having such features but since I don't hold a type rating for any I couldn't make more than a generalisation B)

Hi guys,

I justed wanted to say congrats and thank you for this wonderful addon! You really did a great job! I started flying the 737 classic in FS2002 with the dreamfleet 737 (does anyone remeber? ;)) and since then I always hoped for a 737 calssic like yours! The atmosphere is unbelievable (the sounds, the lighting, the graphics, the symmetry of the flight deck, the....)! I'm an P3D pilot but I only bought myself Xplane, to be able to enjoy your work. And I have to say that it was the best thing I did for a long time in flight simulation! This bird is going to be heads up with PMDG and Majestic as soon as you implement all stuff you listed.

And making a thread where you show all the "shortcomings" of a product is just amazing! Such honesty is really trustworthy and I'm happy to support you and your hard work with spending some money on this airplane. I wish every developer would handle things like that. You're rellay a great role model in this part.

All the best, (I have to fly it now ;))

Julian

• Upvote 6

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 6:59 PM, maumauthompson said:

WING FLEX IS A MUST HAVE!!!!!

Try to put into version 2 if possible.

Lol. I just thought of my first winch launch in a glider called pegase. It is french and just like the suspension on french cars, the wings are flexible. During launch i looked left....and wished for less wingflex, better yet NONE. Holy crap it looked like it was going to snap any second. Anyway, i dont get the wingflex fixation in tubeliners.

Hi,

I was just wondering since now, i think, most of the major bugs have been fixed, is there already a schedule for upcoming content updates? I'd also appreciate a priority list for features that are going to be implemented in the upcoming content updates. If I remember correctly you also stated that users are allowed to suggest or even vote on  features that should be implemented first.

Up until now I'm very pleased with the speed and response regarding bug fixes, so my hopes are high that we'll see some of the more urgent features missing implemented quite soon. For me those features would be the missing RTE DATA, PROGRESS and HOLD page, and TCAS.

For me this plane is already the best and most enjoyable of all planes for X-Plane. Some further work and it'll be the best across all flightsims I'm sure ;)

Best regards,

BaBene

PS: Ah and btw. ADD LINUX SUPPORT! (Just kidding I know you hate this topic :lol: But honestly, Windows just sucks :ph34r:)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BaBene said:

PS: Ah and btw. ADD LINUX SUPPORT! (Just kidding I know you hate this topic :lol: But honestly, Windows just sucks :ph34r:)

I'll be getting some dedicated hardware for Windows/Linux plugin builds in the near future.

It's a lot easier to build and test for Linux when you're not rebooting your primary machine to do it.

Even with a Gizmo plugin for Linux there will probably still be some filename upper/lower case issues to deal with and X-Aviation has no plans to distribute Linux installers.

All of these things can be easily worked around. Using a Windows VM to install your product and then moving the folders around is fiddly but possible.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, BaBene said:

Windows just sucks

I agree!

We could argue that we're using a superior flight simulation platform over the other one; let's also use the better operating system and become a minority within a minority! :D

(I'm not trying to incite any debates, I accept the developer's sensible decision of being practical and releasing the product on the OS of the majority)

Edited by Alpha Floor

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/05/2016 at 7:03 PM, Alpha Floor said:

And Airbus Were also Classic style in their old days..

airbus A300.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
  • Litjan changed the title to Things that are NOT going to be in V1.31
  • Litjan changed the title to Things that are NOT going to be in V1.5