Skymaxx Pro v3 - Very strange stratus

sualkf

Hi guys,

I purchased SMP v3 a while ago but I can´t use because I think it looks strange / ugly depending on weather. I currently use NOAA set to IVAO network to provide wheather but please take a look at the pictures attached to see if I´m doing anything wrong.

Thank you!

post-25916-0-94444200-1449226624_thumb.p

post-25916-0-71453100-1449226642_thumb.p

Looks like the top of a stratus cloud to me. If you don't like how that looks, change the "stratus / overcast representation" setting to sparse particles or dense particles, depending on what your system can handle.

Clouds come in a lot of different varieties and it depends a lot on your local climate, so what looks perfectly natural to someone in one part of the world may look strange to someone else. But that's why we give you four different settings to choose from there.

Edited by sundog
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for answering that fast! Please don't get offended, I love the product! Bought versions 2 and 3.

I was just wondering if other users were getting similar results. I fly mostly in Brazil and I usually face clouds rendered like that. It seems strange to me because without rain or bad weather, during sun light, I don't think having that brown stratus to be natural. I though I had something wrong in my setup, but if it is like you said, I think I need to fly somewhere else! :)))

Edited by sualkf

• 2 months later...

Yes, I'm getting the same thing.  What I don't like about it is that this layer just pops up out of nowhere and that is very unrealistic.  You're gradually ascending with broken clouds above you, and then all of a sudden you're above this dense layer.  And then all of a sudden the layer disappears and you've got broken clouds around you again.  Something is wrong.

25 minutes ago, edkap said:

Yes, I'm getting the same thing.  What I don't like about it is that this layer just pops up out of nowhere and that is very unrealistic.  You're gradually ascending with broken clouds above you, and then all of a sudden you're above this dense layer.  And then all of a sudden the layer disappears and you've got broken clouds around you again.  Something is wrong.

Sounds like an X-Plane weather re-load to me. Not a SkyMaxx Pro thing, but something to be solved by the new Real Weather Connector.