IXEG 737 Progress Update - December 1st

tkyler

We are going to be spoiled for choice! IXEG anytime now as well as the PMDG DC-6 for XP and 747-400 v2 for FSX/P3D are both on final. PMDG have them both listed with the real world cost. And in the past PMDG have always released the product within weeks of doing this. But to be honest I have been looking forward to the IXEG 737 most of all. 

I'm sure IXEG won't disappoint us since their level of knowledge and experience, motivation, passion, love for the 737 and their perseverance to create their dream: the 737 as realistic as possible up to the upper limits of todays X-Plane. Really curious to the Flight Dynamics and Flight Mechanics of their IXEG's 737.

- Fingers crossed for a Boeing Factory Primer livery!

We are going to be spoiled for choice! IXEG anytime now as well as the PMDG DC-6 for XP and 747-400 v2 for FSX/P3D are both on final. PMDG have them both listed with the real world cost. And in the past PMDG have always released the product within weeks of doing this. But to be honest I have been looking forward to the IXEG 737 most of all. 

PMDG has had the DC6 listed that way for months.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, yukonpete said:

PMDG is still releasing new betas of the DC-6. As much as I wish it was, it's nowhere near release.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, FSSteven said:

I'm sure IXEG won't disappoint us since their level of knowledge and experience, motivation, passion, love for the 737 and their perseverance to create their dream: the 737 as realistic as possible up to the upper limits of todays X-Plane. Really curious to the Flight Dynamics and Flight Mechanics of their IXEG's 737.

- Fingers crossed for a Boeing Factory Primer livery!

I think so, too. The 737 Classic, or the 737 in general is not just an airplane - it's a feeling! And the IXEG team knows this very much!

Sorry for my bad english :P

• Upvote 1

On 5/3/2016 at 11:47 AM, Morten said:

Heads up,

As you have noticed we are a bit on overtime from our last estimates.  Main reason was we had to port our code to the latest Gizmo version and finish the FMC. Thanks to great help from Ben R the switch went fast and was successful.  The FMC is looking good now, everyone on the team are testflying it chasing bugs and Tom is working hard on finishing the final bits and pieces, increasing stability and functionality every day.  We have set a target internal release date not too far ahead which we hope will materialize this time :)

unfortunately I am not native speakers of English and do not understand "release date not too far ahead." Can you clarify what you mean? ;-)

I confess, I took a week off and went to Germany and Zurich for some R&R.   Pressing CDU buttons 1000 times a day got quite old.  I am back though and we are moving through the bugs we find reasonably well.  We made good strides yesterday and today I am flying several missed approaches to test CDU entries during that phase when you want to refly the approach.  Yesterday we tested short routes....like 25NM short with high cruise altitudes where you can't make the cruise alt but still have to transition the aircraft from climb to descent at some "intersection point" between climb and descent paths.  So these really fringe situations must be explored as they can be entered and can crash the simulation if not accounted for.  So we only have a few things left, but they take quite some time to test properly as we are all finding out.  Its common to fly a 25 minute flight, discover a bug, fix the bug (sometimes a simple typo, other times not) and then fly the route another 25 minutes to verify and then try a similar route somewhere else just to make sure.....so 1.5hrs of time lost to a typo. (actually happened....had a dash instead of an underscore for a variable name).   And if the bug is more severe...then it can take half a day or more to track it down due to having to monitor so many variables during a flight.  Oh well, we keep going.

-tkyler

• Upvote 7

59 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

Well, since it's been some time since the last update (which is understandable, since there is no much to show from testing phase) can we get the zoom on  the cockpit? I wonder how Jan looksin his X-Plane version :D 

I asked the team to make me 20 years younger and have full hair again, but they were cruel enough to take present-day pictures :wacko:.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, tkyler said:

I confess, I took a week off and went to Germany and Zurich for some R&R.   Pressing CDU buttons 1000 times a day got quite old.  I am back though and we are moving through the bugs we find reasonably well.  We made good strides yesterday and today I am flying several missed approaches to test CDU entries during that phase when you want to refly the approach.  Yesterday we tested short routes....like 25NM short with high cruise altitudes where you can't make the cruise alt but still have to transition the aircraft from climb to descent at some "intersection point" between climb and descent paths.  So these really fringe situations must be explored as they can be entered and can crash the simulation if not accounted for.  So we only have a few things left, but they take quite some time to test properly as we are all finding out.  Its common to fly a 25 minute flight, discover a bug, fix the bug (sometimes a simple typo, other times not) and then fly the route another 25 minutes to verify and then try a similar route somewhere else just to make sure.....so 1.5hrs of time lost to a typo. (actually happened....had a dash instead of an underscore for a variable name).   And if the bug is more severe...then it can take half a day or more to track it down due to having to monitor so many variables during a flight.  Oh well, we keep going.

-tkyler

You deserved the vacation. That's great to hear you only have a few more things to go. I love that you are accounting for all these measures and scenarios. It will take time but that means we will have less crashes and a rock solid cdu.  Keep up the good work, the end seems near ;)

1 hour ago, poodster said:

Maybe someone In the community will make a young version of you haha 

So we'll not only need a paint kit for the plane but also for Jan himself. I can already see "VoKuHiLa Jan", "Afro Jan", "Dreadlock Jan"...

• Upvote 4

I talked to Nils who made "me" and the FO, and the textures for the heads will not be encrypted - so anyone with a camera and a bit of photoshop wits should be able to make a version of himself. Note that the 3D head is tailored to my head, so your results may vary.

I personally think we should have asked Lena for help, here... ;).

Jan

• Upvote 1

1.  Fly approach to EDDF, ILS07C.....execute missed approach to TAU VOR

2.  Fly approach to ILS07C again...miss it again, divert to EDDK....missed approach there

3.  Divert back to EDDF,  ILS07C

4.  Just before IAF, change arrival to runway 07C with 19NM runway extension waypoint and bank hard right to catch the extension waypoint and bleed some speed, then hard left to reintercept the leg between the extension waypoint and 07C threshold.   

VNAV calculations got a bit off during this little test, what with all the CDU shenanigans going on, but the FMS didn't crash....quite the plus.  For normal flights without missed approaches, everything is performing quite well.  VNAV calibrations continue.

-tkyler

Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 2.08.39 PM.png

• Upvote 15

10 minutes ago, tkyler said:

VNAV calculations got a bit off during this little test, what with all the CDU shenanigans going on, but the FMS didn't crash....quite the plus.  For normal flights without missed approaches, everything is performing quite well.  VNAV calibrations continue

That's great to hear! 

3 hours ago, mgeiss said:

So we'll not only need a paint kit for the plane but also for Jan himself. I can already see "VoKuHiLa Jan", "Afro Jan", "Dreadlock Jan"...

There's an idea for a few extra bucks: The Jan expansion pack- 15 versions of Jan, varying in age, hair, etc:P

Edited by x-plane 123
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, tkyler said:

...And if the bug is more severe...then it can take half a day or more to track it down due to having to monitor so many variables during a flight.  Oh well, we keep going.

-tkyler

If only there was a way for the community to help with this process.

You might find some of us here even have development and software QA experience, and just might be eager to help. :)

Rock on, IXEG.

• Upvote 1

On 3/6/2016 at 1:47 PM, yukonpete said:

Don't forget the Aerosoft CRJ!