IXEG 737 Progress Update - December 1st

tkyler

2 hours ago, poodster said:

That's not the right one, there was another one that said it was imminent. 

I'm sure it is imminent, that really only confirms that it will be released, not necessarily that it will be released soon. It can mean soon (and even if release is another 5 months out, it's still soon relative to the full length of development), but it can also just vaguely mean "forthcoming" or "in the pipeline." Given that it is in testing right now, it's probably safe to assume that we shan't have to wait much longer, but it could still be a ways from done.

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, yukonpete said:

They said in December it could be before the end of the year or just after the new year. It is what it is. I see it as a good sign that we are still waiting. It means they want to release an amazing product.

I agree! I'm not complaining about how they went over the estimated release date. It just means less bugs for us and a better plane to fly straight out of the gate XD

5 hours ago, BMFlight said:

I have one thing to say.  Just be patient.  Talking about the release nonstop is not helping.

Yeah... It's pretty hard to restrain yourself when you've been waiting 5 years for them to release your favourite aircraft and then you get promised it a quarter of a year early.

• Upvote 1

Heads up,

As you have noticed we are a bit on overtime from our last estimates.  Main reason was we had to port our code to the latest Gizmo version and finish the FMC. Thanks to great help from Ben R the switch went fast and was successful.  The FMC is looking good now, everyone on the team are testflying it chasing bugs and Tom is working hard on finishing the final bits and pieces, increasing stability and functionality every day.  We have set a target internal release date not too far ahead which we hope will materialize this time :)

• Upvote 19

8 minutes ago, Morten said:

Heads up,

As you have noticed we are a bit on overtime from our last estimates.  Main reason was we had to port our code to the latest Gizmo version and finish the FMC. Thanks to great help from Ben R the switch went fast and was successful.  The FMC is looking good now, everyone on the team are testflying it chasing bugs and Tom is working hard on finishing the final bits and pieces, increasing stability and functionality every day.  We have set a target internal release date not too far ahead which we hope will materialize this time :)

This sounds just great! I am sooo hyped for this :D Keep up the work, you will be rewarded :) 

Can't wait for clicking on "buy" :P 

1 hour ago, Morten said:

Heads up,

Y E S ! ! !

5 hours ago, Morten said:

Heads up,

The feeling when you hear the words "release" and "successful" Now It is a while ago I had a girlfriend and was missing the feeling of love, it just came back reading this. What did they call them? The feeling of butterflies in your stomach? :wub:

Yeah... It's pretty hard to restrain yourself when you've been waiting 5 years for them to release your favourite aircraft and then you get promised it a quarter of a year early.

No one promised you anything. If anyone got promises it was the significant others to individuals on the team and their families for taking time away over five years to dedicate to this project.

The developers are in debt for this project. No one else!

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Morten said:

Just a shot from todays flight. Descending on the STAR for ILS 35 at ENBR.  Everything went as planned, no bugs reported.

Nice, nice :) 

But im a bit confused. Which engine gauges will it be delivered with? Will it be a option ?

Edited by Tom Stian

49 minutes ago, Morten said:

Just a shot from todays flight. Descending on the STAR for ILS 35 at ENBR.  Everything went as planned, no bugs reported.

Wauw, many thanks! That's really appreciated and kicks-off this weekend nicely! Such a beautiful cockpit, such outstanding and extraordinary mindblowing good job what IXEG is doing here. 

2 hours ago, anand72 said:

simple release the plane and get out off debt!

Are you 5 years old? Obviously IXEG are out to set a new standard. I would rather a product that works great then one full of bugs just so I can have it today. So many X-Plane aircraft out there like that already!

Edited by yukonpete
  • Upvote 3