IXEG 737 Progress Update - December 1st

tkyler

This is a discrepancy that is easily explained. When Boeing initially rolled out the 737 to customers, some female testpilot where offended and felt threatened by the very virile angle of the gear-lever in the up position. Therefore they made it a customer option, and only the most machoist airlines opted for the "steep" angle, while the more politically correct airlines opted for the more docile version.

We might make it an option (or change the angle!) :P

Jan

• Upvote 2

This is a discrepancy that is easily explained. When Boeing initially rolled out the 737 to customers, some female testpilot where offended and felt threatened by the very virile angle of the gear-lever in the up position. Therefore they made it a customer option, and only the most machoist airlines opted for the "steep" angle, while the more politically correct airlines opted for the more docile version.

We might make it an option (or change the angle!) :P

Jan

Hhhahahahahahhaaha ok ok

• Upvote 1

I would certainly encourage everyone to also get the new 767. It looks to be an amazing piece of work, and why restrict yourself to just one aircraft (other than monetary reasons?). Remember, the one who dies with the most aircraft in his virtual hangar, wins! :P<br /><br />Jan

<br />

<br />I don't think money is the limiting factor here. These planes have all the system depth we always asked for. That means on the other hand, I can't buy the Mad Dog, the 767 and the IXEG 737 now. It really takes some time to master them so I have to make my choice. My plan was to buy the first of them that is out, but I'll better compare the hardware requirements first.

i have the md80 , e175 and 767. all for the eye candy and they run fine on my 2011 macbook pro. 1gb vram. ssd. 16gb ram. i7

<br />

<br />I don't think money is the limiting factor here. These planes have all the system depth we always asked for. That means on the other hand, I can't buy the Mad Dog, the 767 and the IXEG 737 now. It really takes some time to master them so I have to make my choice. My plan was to buy the first of them that is out, but I'll better compare the hardware requirements first.

<br />

It´s really not about who is making the most sales on the first day. I can assure you that even if you take one year to learn and fly all these planes to your hearts content, we will still be there when you are ready for a new experience. (Maybe even with wing-flex then! ;) )

These are happy times for X-Planers, and I am happy for every high-quality plane that is available for our platform. Competition yes, but in an invigorating and welcome way. You know you have to have them "ALL" eventually :P .

Jan

• Upvote 4

Misha, good find! :)

I think for now this is not a priority, but maybe later they'll fix it.

Thanks. After all, we all hang out on this forum for few years now and clossely follow the developement of this master peace. We all are aware how accurate this plane will be and already is, and also want to contribute anyway possible to this, I must say, future signiture plane of xplane comunity.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, tkyler said:

Added support for   *.fpl format (as opposed to flp), which is my favorite format, very short and clean

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/955680/fplSupport_opt.mp4

That's pretty radical... No more videos for you, go squash those last remaining bugs.  I can send high caffeine coffee to you so you can work 22 hours/day.

12 minutes ago, KAPTEJNLN said:

hmm not sure as PFPX is not for X-plane as far as I know, but it is not that difficult to manually create a file as tkyler shows in the video you could also just get the data from PFPX and generate it by the small tool I did last year as a alternative: LN_FPL_Export_Tool

For the JAR airplanes i made a batchfile for making flightplans. But your tool is a upgrade and its GUI ;) 

Only downside for your tool is that its need Java. :)  

But thank you.