IXEG 737 Progress Update - December 1st

tkyler

Rotate's MD80. I've been loving this aircraft since its release. I read somewhere that it crashed the store's servers. IXEG's 737 is going to set day one records in the X-Plane community. I hope X-Aviation's servers are ready to get slammed when the 737 is released. It sure feels good to be an X-Plane supporter at this time.

This platform is about to go ballistic. Hopefully KDTW from attitude is not to far off. That looks like another game changer for these two masterpieces.

But Jan sad that prior to release there will be at least few videos. Are U guys given up on that idea or...

No, we haven´t. I plan to make a quick video soon, it will be boring and nerdy, however. It will be showing how to add/edit/fly an SID, FMS behaviour, VNAV editing (adding/deleting speed and altitude restrictions), T/C calculation change, CLB page behaviour, etc.

This will be a milestone video, showing what Tom has accomplished these last few weeks.

Once the plane is feature-complete and we are satisfied that we have reached a "releasable" status, we are going to have a countdown to release, with periodic releases of the 6 tutorial videos I have prepared (to go along with the written tutorials).

At least thats the plan!

Jan

• Upvote 7

No, we haven´t. I plan to make a quick video soon, it will be boring and nerdy, however.

I have yet to see a boring video about the IXEG 737. :D

Ok, maybe toggling a single switch from on to off for 10 minutes could potentially get boring. 8 minutes should be ok, though.

We are not going to rush it. It will be done when we feel that we can release it without being ashamed. We are not going to release without our internal minimum feature set. We have never promised that it would be before Christmas, 2015, or even this century, if you read all the statements we have made precisely.

No one is entitled to a release at or before a certain time, and if the release date does not fit your schedule, you are more than welcome to pass on this product. :) .

The team has - over the development timeframe - faced many unforeseen events and unplanned obstacles. Several babies were born, family members have been severely sick or even died, jobs have been lost, the team has had personal changes, development goals have changed...

I know that everyone is excited to see this plane out, and so are we! Please realize that we are not taking this long to piss anyone off. I know many of you say "just release it, I don´t care if stuff is missing!" But please take a look into the support forums of recently released planes - people are NOT content with the "just release it". They will say so, but then bitch about every rivet or seam that is not exactly like they saw on airliners.net.

In conclusion: We will release when ready. It might even take another 5 years, if WE feel that we need the time. B)  Oh, and don´t cancel your skiing vacation to play the 737 just yet. No amount of moaning will change that, except maybe for the worse, as our motivation to finish it suffers. I know it´s hard to stand the wait, but even if you throw yourself on the floor and thrash about with arms and legs, this will not go any faster...(though maybe it will releave the frustration, so maybe give it a try!)

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Upvote 7

We'll see, I still aiming for a 2016 release, and since your latest update, I even more believe it will be 2016. Which is no problem, as you describe "We release it when we feel it's ready" But 6 tut + FMC video and christmas time around the corner, well it must be a god wonder if it releases in 2015. Anyway take the time you need (no hate)

• Upvote 1

In conclusion: We will release when ready. It might even take another 5 years

Speak for yourself Jan :P

So as to not to sound too fatalistic here, we are certainly closing in on it very rapidly.  I cannot tell you for certain today that we won't release it in 2015.   But if we determine that an extra week or two or three to do a thorough once-over and final round of beta flight testing in order for us to feel really good that you will be getting the product you are hoping for, then we will certainly do that.   Sometimes, the lipstick makes the difference :)

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 1

I'm currently working on our custom FMS so I know very very well what you mean, one of the toughest development tasks I ever worked on.

Keep up your great work!!!

alfamike

Thanks Mike (hope I assumed the name right).  You guys keep at it!  It does look very smooth!

-Tom

I know many of you say "just release it, I don´t care if stuff is missing!" But please take a look into the support forums of recently released planes - people are NOT content with the "just release it". They will say so, but then bitch about every rivet or seam that is not exactly like they saw on airliners.net.

Very pragmatic.

Do not underestimate  the agony of first world problems  :lol:

Why did you not set the vibes so folk believed the release would be in the end of 2016, and then just release 1 year earlier? I cannot stand the urge to press F5 1440 times per day on your website, waiting for a shortcoming release.

Anyway, can't you postpone your release in about 2-3 years to really make it teensy-weensy close to the realistic machine?

• Upvote 1