IXEG 737 Progress Update - December 1st

tkyler

Making the FMS read multiple different flight plan formats... that's a new one! If you're get different planning apps to provide your format, isn't it a bit redundant though?

But who's to say those app developers would actually cooperate?

It's best to cover all bases as Tom is doing. :)

If you're get different planning apps to provide your format, isn't it a bit redundant though?

Also... if someone has 100 flight plans already created and saved and all they want to do is copy the files over to our coroutes folder, then this has merit....rather than re-exporting 100s of them again from their software.   With our time crunch, we are unsure if or which flight plan formats we'll be able to accomoadate initially.   As stated, we won't stop working just because the product is released.  We ourselves are every bit as demanding as customers...and we'll keep working to improve out of sheer desire to get better features for ourselves too! 

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 2

Also... if someone has 100 flight plans already created and saved and all they want to do is copy the files over to our coroutes folder, then this has merit....rather than re-exporting 100s of them again from their software. With our time crunch, we are unsure if or which flight plan formats we'll be able to accomoadate initially. As stated, we won't stop working just because the product is released. We ourselves are every bit as demanding as customers...and we'll keep working to improve out of sheer desire to get better features for ourselves too! <br /><br />-tkyler

<br /><br />That's very true, I didn't think of that! <br /><br />I greatly appreciate your dedication to the 737. You've done great work it seems!

If anybody wants to send me their .fpl file from PFPX, we can certainly give it a try.

-tkyler 

PFPX lets you export a myriad of different formats for different addons, I couldn't find one in .fpl but I know that many addons use Aerosoft Airbuses .flp and I could export XP's .fms

All of the other addons seem to use different kinds of formats. Don't know if they will be of any use but I'll drop them here just in case. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qeomosyj8vxojd/EETNEGKK01.flp?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f51lwh9n0ckhej6/EETNEGKK01.fms?dl=0

The potential users that we are become more and more excited about this release. I've even heard about some P3D or FSX-users who are excited about that plane and the B733 will probably be the reason they will switch to X-Plane. So guys, i would recommand you to ask Austin for some financial parts on the future XP-sales  ;)

PFPX lets you export a myriad of different formats for different addons, I couldn't find one in .fpl but I know that many addons use Aerosoft Airbuses .flp and I could export XP's .fms

All of the other addons seem to use different kinds of formats.

Thanks for providing those,  Looking at it, I think it might take about an hour to implement the import of that format  :)

-tkyler

No chance to have a simple copy & paste installer?

Nope. Too many items that work with the install process. Zips with no installer are definitely not happening and have not been so for years, as you know.

A zip file alone cannot do what an installer can do. An installer can do what a zip can and more, which is what we need for many reasons and what majority of our customers prefer.