Fuel Selectors

Having just purchased this wonderful sim, first of all thanks for a great product! :)

My question is about the fuel selectors.

I am having a problem with the mouse click tank selection. The X Plane method is just not my cup of tea.

I can not select the main tanks for engine start, only the Aux tanks. Even then after much clicking and messing about.

During flight they are very awkward to select accurately.

Is there any chance to have a mouse wheel click spot put on the fuel selectors?

Also, I may be missing some step here, but the wheel brakes appear to be "locked", when taxying. The parking brake is off and cycling my foot brakes makes no difference? There is burning rubber coming off the tyres! :o

Thanks

Regards,

David

Edited by charlie130

For me it works best if I grab them from the "bottom" (from the side of the OFF position). The manipulator click-and-drag spots are major pain in many X-Plane aircraft.

I didn't have a problem with brakes (apart of tipping over during landing) ... can it be a mist because of wet runway or taxiway? Does the smoke come only from main gears or also from the tail one?

Hello chaps.

Glad its not just me that suffers with those X Plane click spots. If only we could have mouse wheel spots it would be a breeze.

Re my "smokin tyres". The issue was only on my Amphibian DC3. I have downloaded the "floats" patch and all is perfect. The wheels retract properly into the floats and the undercarriage wheels revolve and steer correctly. She's an ungainly looking aircraft but I am already very fond of her. Lovely nostalgic simulation that takes airmanship to fly well.

Thank you developers:-)

Cheers

David

Edited by charlie130

Glad you're enjoying it.  It's definitely more popular than I, personally, thought it would be.  But then again, it IS an iconic aircraft.  I've read the war stories.

Re the Fuel Selectors, we originally set it up with manipulators, so you could simply drag from 1 spot to the the next, but doing that would cut the fuel to the engines in the transition point.  I THINK it was an x-plane issue back in V9, but it may have been fixed since then.  I will definitely take a look at it some time in the next few days and see if I can make it more user friendly.

Glad you're enjoying it.  It's definitely more popular than I, personally, thought it would be.  But then again, it IS an iconic aircraft.  I've read the war stories.

Re the Fuel Selectors, we originally set it up with manipulators, so you could simply drag from 1 spot to the the next, but doing that would cut the fuel to the engines in the transition point.  I THINK it was an x-plane issue back in V9, but it may have been fixed since then.  I will definitely take a look at it some time in the next few days and see if I can make it more user friendly.

Thanks Goran.

The DC3 sim is definitely one that "puts you there"!

I also have the SAAB. Seeing the use of the mouse wheel, I wonder if it could be implemented in the DC3?

Also, could the mouse wheel be implemented in the altitude barometric pressure adjuster, which I find very hard to adjust with the "click and drag". In fact the only way I can adjust this is to use Multi Crew Experience co pilot, which amazingly, works well with the sim. I say "amazingly" because the DC3 is not an officially supported sim!

Regards.

David