B733 performance.

cmbaviator

Hi guys,

As the b733 is in beta I believe, i want to know now the b733 performance wise on xplane 10.41+?

I come from P3DV2 and I manage to get steady 35 FPS ( locked) with the PMDG B777 with FTX global+ FTx vector and Europe.

However in Xplane, i dont understand how i get such discrepancy FPS wise.

With the HD mesh V3 and the jar design A330, ( default weather : no cloud) I have 30-35 FPS at lfll on the runway. But in the same weather condition and at lebl ( aerosoft airport scenery), I got 40-47 FPS : maybe because it's close to the see so less terrain to display?

Well, the addon that surprised me performance wise is the majestic q400, that could be explained by the fact that all the calculation is done outside of Fsx/ p3D, i.e. Multithreaded.

So I was wondering if your code are running inside xplane or outside.

I have i7 4790k @ 4.6 ghz and Gtx 970, graphic 75% maxed out.

CMB

Sent from Tapatalk

Here are two comparison shots, the first one from the cockpit of the IXEG 737, the second one from the cockpit of the default 747-400.

Location is EDDM. As Cameron said, your mileage will vary, according to system properties, but this should give you an idea...

post-3933-0-96111100-1448227525_thumb.jp

post-3933-0-24282300-1448227567_thumb.jp

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Upvote 4

Here are two comparison shots, the first one from the cockpit of the IXEG 737, the second one from the cockpit of the default 747-400.

Location is EDDM. As Cameron said, your mileage will vary, according to system properties, but this should give you an idea...

attachicon.gifframe rate 1.jpg

attachicon.gifframe rate 2.jpg

Cheers, Jan

Thank you for the comparison. It is indeed very well optimized :)

CMB

Sent from Tapatalk

Adding to this topic (Performance)...

I know it was mentioned in the "Cold and Dark" four part series, that some of the objects can be 'killed' to help with performance. Does this mean for e.g. that when in the cockpit the cabin textures and all can be disabled so to speak?

For myself that feature would be great, as I am mainly interested in the realistic cockpit environment, not so much the rest of the cabin.

Absolutely cannot wait to see this incredible creation reach the x-plane market!

Great job guys, this is sure to be a major milestone for realistic airline simulation for x-plane!

Cheers, Blake

Edited by blakestar12

Adding to this topic (Performance)...

I know it was mentioned in the "Cold and Dark" four part series, that some of the objects can be 'killed' to help with performance. Does this mean for e.g. that when in the cockpit the cabin textures and all can be disabled so to speak?

For myself that feature would be great, as I am mainly interested in the realistic cockpit environment, not so much the rest of the cabin.

Absolutely cannot wait to see this incredible creation reach the x-plane market!

Great job guys, this is sure to be a major milestone for realistic airline simulation for x-plane!

Cheers, Blake

We have experimented with hiding the exterior and cabin while in the cockpit, but did not see any measurable difference on our hardware setups. This does not rule out that there could be benefits on some hardware combinations, especially with regards to VRAM consumption, but the solution had problems which speak against it. If I remember correctly, one key issue was that the "view is exterior" dataref is updated with a one frame lag, meaning that we would see the aircraft 'naked' without exteriors for one frame when switching from cockpit view to exterior view. 

I'm developing on a rig that is soon 4 years old and I'm getting better FPS in the 733 than the default 747. Considering all that is going on during the rendering of a single frame in the sim, counting scenery, flightmodel, systems model, cockpit visuals etc, the task of drawing the aircraft exterior is apparently neglible by comparison.