Civa

Vantskruv

Ok, I know you will say to me to instead fly the FlyJSim 732, but I think the fidelity and detail of this aircraft is so nice, and you probaly will get a better simulation of the aircraft.

So is it possible just to remove the FMS panels as an option and add a Civa panel for those who wants to fly with the XCiva plugin?

I'm not sure how realistic this is, but I prefer to fly without FMS, as I like a more handson navigation experience when flying, and using Civa is more a help if you have to navigate to some fixes if there is no better way to navigate, especially for long runs.

So is this possible in realisitc terms, what do others think. Is flying with FMS to much automatic and boring?

Except for the "historical coolness" factor I see no reason why you would want to use CIVA if you have a modern FMS. Even if you totally dislike putting in "full routes" you can just hack a few waypoints into the LEGS page, and off you go. Of course you can get out your VFR chart and use the stopwatch for some good old-fashioned dead-reckoning as well :) .

We don´t have a skyport for shooting a fix on the sun or stars at night, Omega or Loran C either, though :wacko: .

Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...