Engine gauges

DarkKnight1083

You can switch layout on the fly...

This is great, but make it as an option when you load the aircraft to select which layout you want to fly. Probably by choosing which airline (livery?) you are going to fly, get the actual layout. But not on the fly. This plane is going to be the epitome of realism, so please consider my suggestion.

Edited by airfighter

This is great, but make it as an option when you load the aircraft to select which layout you want to fly. Probably by choosing which airline (livery?) you are going to fly, get the actual layout. But not on the fly. This plane is going to be the epitome of realism, so please consider my suggestion.

Lufthansa for example uses/used both layouts so making this changable on the fly is certainly the best option in my opinion.

I see your point. It is one of those decisions between ultra-realism and ease of access. I think, however, that restricting the choice is a bit too harsh. It is not like either gauge form is "easy" and the other one "hard", so there is no unfair advantage of one over the other.

Yes, switching gauges or winglets while at 37.000 feet is not realistic, but neither is changing the weather, weight or time of day (and X-Plane lets you do that). And changing gauges and winglets is just "optical" change, no functionality change.

We don´t allow access to the "ground services" menu while the plane is in motion, I think that would be too unrealistic. But for ultrarealism regarding changing of aircraft equipment during flight: Don´t do it! B)

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 3

I see your point. It is one of those decisions between ultra-realism and ease of access. I think, however, that restricting the choice is a bit too harsh. It is not like either gauge form is "easy" and the other one "hard", so there is no unfair advantage of one over the other.

Yes, switching gauges or winglets while at 37.000 feet is not realistic, but neither is changing the weather, weight or time of day (and X-Plane lets you do that). And changing gauges and winglets is just "optical" change, no functionality change.

We don´t allow access to the "ground services" menu while the plane is in motion, I think that would be too unrealistic. But for ultrarealism regarding changing of aircraft equipment during flight: Don´t do it! B)

Cheers, Jan

I agree with you Jan, it is far easier to have a single .acf and switching things on the fly than it is to have multiple for simple things like this. In sumulator world, the realism has to come from the user too, we have to trust ourselves not to mess with other variables on the fly so we should here too - imagine having to completely re-load X-Plane just to get a different time, or weather pattern!

I really like the analog gauges, I think they add to the realism.  I can't wait to buy this plane.  I can't believe no one else has developed it before now.  I know FlyJSim has the 737-200, and it's one of my favorites, but I really want a FMS and from the looks of this one I am very impressed.