Problems with 3-position switch

SchneiH2

Hi everybody

I have some trouble with programming of a 3-position switch for the EFIS. As DataRef I use sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/HSI_source_select_pilot. (NAV1 = 0, NAV2 = 1,GPS = 2). In Blender (2.76) I use for the switch 3 keyframes and a 'wrap'-manipulator.(with a 'button'-cursor) However, in XPlane10 the switch just works once and switches only between two positions 1 and 2. To position 0 it does not switch at all. After one switching cycle it stops to work.

Would be great to get some help/advice.

Best regards

SHJ

P.S. Does anybody know how to realize the functionality seen on the QPAC A320 V1.0/V1.1 (freware versions) for the OBS-setting for the ILS, i.e the ILS course is automatically been set when setting the NAV1 frequency. The point is that no additonal OBS-setting with any knob is necessary once the right ILS frequency is set.

I have some trouble with programming of a 3-position switch for the EFIS. As DataRef I use sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/HSI_source_select_pilot. (NAV1 = 0, NAV2 = 1,GPS = 2). In Blender (2.76) I use for the switch 3 keyframes and a 'wrap'-manipulator.(with a 'button'-cursor) However, in XPlane10 the switch just works once and switches only between two positions 1 and 2. To position 0 it does not switch at all. After one switching cycle it stops to work.
Would be great to get some help/advice.
Never heard of a "wrap" type manipulator... please clarify ( should be toggle, drag_axis, etc.)

P.S. Does anybody know how to realize the functionality seen on the QPAC A320 V1.0/V1.1 (freware versions) for the OBS-setting for the ILS, i.e the ILS course is automatically been set when setting the NAV1 frequency. The point is that no additonal OBS-setting with any knob is necessary once the right ILS frequency is set.
Sounds like there is a plugin that is handling that functionality.

Hi JGregory

Thank you for your reply. You can find information about the 'Wrapping'-manipulator here: http://wiki.x-plane.com/Manipulators

Best regards

SHJ

I'm quite familiar with the manipulators.  I think what you are describing is actually a type of "button" manipulator.  Please post a screenshot of your Planemaker screen showing the manipulator properties and the keyframes.

Edited by JGregory

Hi JGregory

Thank you for your reply. Basically, I could solve the issue already taking into account your first reply (use of other manipulators). Indeed, it works with the 'drag-axis' manipulator. I was just a bit confused with the description in the XPlane-Wiki regarding the 'delta' and 'wrap' manipulaors as to my understanding they refer to a switch-functionality. However, I am fine with this solution.

Again, many thanks for your replies and help.

Best regards

SHJ