Engine-sound FL330

cloudfreak1

To be accurate, the various engine sounds (whinning, low freq noises etc.) in the cabin and flight deck indeed modulates while the air density gets lower, however, the perception of this effect is pretty subjective and depends on the airframe and engine. As Jan said, the effects are barely noticeable for most sound effects because the wind rush around the plane gets much louder. In my experiences as a passenger only that buzz saw sound is changing noticeably (CFM56-5 on A320 for example does that pretty much) and vanishes slowly at medium altitudes. Unfortunately, I have never flown in a classic but it seems that these old CFM56 doesn't buzz much if you check some videos on youtube. Instead you can hear a pretty typical whinning sound between medium to high power settings. I like the "choking" sound when you get the engines out of idle particularly and IXEG does a great job capturing these :)

Question for the devs: will the aircraft have costum wind noises for the flight deck?