Baltic Aviation Academy

Aeropayo

Hi all! In the meantime we wait for the release, we should be reading and studying FCOM's, QRH's, Aircraft Manuals and all the stuff we can get, if we want to simulate the operation of this plane following the real procedures.

A very good reference are the videos from Baltic Aviation Academy, in particular, all about their B737-300 simulator.

I have made a wide selection of them (in brackets the video duration), some videos are inserted automatically, but others don't (I don't know why)

Enjoy!!!

My best from Spain!

Paco

FULL COCKPIT VIDEO

Flying Boeing 737-CL: full flight cockpit video 

Part I   (10:57)
Part II  (16:46)
Part III (20:25)

FLIGHT BRIEFING

Part I (15:23)
Part II (15:08)

Boeing 737 -- From Cold and Dark to Ready for Taxiing (18:40)

Cruising around the world: Lisbon - Madeira (18:05)

Approaching Manchester in a less usual way: VOR/DME approach (15:23)

Cross - wind take-- off and landing on a Boeing 737 CL. (5:23)

Go-around due to low visibility in Boeing 737 CL (07:50)

Go-around due to Eng #2 fire in Boeing 737 (11:35)

How to calculate the take-off speeds for a Boeing 737 and an Airbus A320 (8:24)

FAILURES

Boeing 737: Engine Failure (22:02)

Boeing 737 with engine failure

Part I   (14:06)
Part II  (08:03)
Part III

Boeing 737 CL Flaps Asymmetry (25:03)

Reverser unlocked in flight (14:18)

Boeing 737 CL Runaway Stabilizer (17:08)

VOR/DME approach with malfunctions in Boeing 737 CL (13:44)

Rapid Decompression in Boeing 737 (4:29)

Boeing 737 CL: Engine Fire in-Flight (15:52)

Boeing 737 CL: Dual engine failure on short finals (5:04 )

Boeing 737: Gear-Up Landing (11:56)

MOST DANGEROUS APPROACHES

Landing in Sion Airport (17:39)

Takeoff Sion Airport (11:04)

Samos Airport 

Part I (17:20)
Part II (12:12)

Santorini to Mikonos (12:59)

Tivat Airport:Take Two (14:10)
  • Upvote 3

I love you all guys. Firstly, the IXEG team for making this extraordinary simulation of the 737 in the X-plane and secondly, you guys for finding the manuals so we will be able to understand and fly this aircraft as close as possible to the way the real crews do. It's like a giant puzzle coming together.

• 1 month later...

I found another LONG video 1:48 hours, but in this case it's a 737-500, but for 'training purpouses' it works for us...

One thing I noticed, why are both System A ENG & ELEC HYD Pumps OFF and System B ENG & ELEC HYD Pumps ON?

hyd_zpscjgvgn24.jpg

and reading the FCOM it is supposed to be as:

System A & B ENG HYD pumps must be ON and A & B ELEC HYD pumps OFF, like this picture taken from IEXG video:

hyd%202_zpskqglvrgn.jpg

Maybe it has a different hydraulic system. As i can remember, the FlyJSim 737 has Hydraulic System A driven by Engine 1 and 2. And Hydraulic System B driven by Elec 1 and 2.

Last time i thought that my be an error in their Simulation of the system. But watching the video makes me wondering if the hydraulic system was changed over the time.

I don´t know, but we used to have the A hydraulic unpressurized for pushback a few years ago. The reason was that there were no adequate steering-bypass-pins available at all destinations, so for commonality reasons the pushback was done with all A pumps off. That way the nosewheel steering won´t try to snap the towbar...

Jan

Maybe it has a different hydraulic system. As i can remember, the FlyJSim 737 has Hydraulic System A driven by Engine 1 and 2. And Hydraulic System B driven by Elec 1 and 2.

Last time i thought that my be an error in their Simulation of the system. But watching the video makes me wondering if the hydraulic system was changed over the time.

Interesting. I don´t know much about the 737-200, I never flew it. But it might be possible, in that configuration you would not need a gear-transfer-valve as there would always be one engine-driven-pump to raise the gear, even after an engine failure. But with a total loss of electric, you would also loose system B (and the stby system), so you´d have to land without flaps...

Jan

I don´t know, but we used to have the A hydraulic unpressurized for pushback a few years ago. The reason was that there were no adequate steering-bypass-pins available at all destinations, so for commonality reasons the pushback was done with all A pumps off. That way the nosewheel steering won´t try to snap the towbar...

Jan

Thanks Jan! it makes sense, because at min 06:00 the FO initiates the before start checklist and when he says Hydraulics, the answer of the Captain is 'pushback'

• Upvote 1

All 737 Originals had system A driven by the engines and system B driven by electric pumps. This was changed in the Classics onward so that loss of engines or electrics would not result in the complete loss of a system.

Both FlyJSim and IXEG's simulations are correct of their respective aircraft.

• Upvote 1