Flying with two pilots

ktomais

Hello! I was wondering if you are planning to include the capability for two people to operate the aircraft together, one assuming the role of the Captain and the other one being the FO. 

That being said, I would like to say congratulations from my part to the team, for what has been achieved so far in all aspects of the simulation, and for the commitment to this endeavour. I think it is an unprecedented achievement and it will be a really high bar to beat, as well as an inspiration for other content creators. 

Kind regards.

Edited by ktomais

Hello! I was wondering if you are planning to include the capability for two people to operate the aircraft together, one assuming the role of the Captain and the other one being the FO. 

That being said, I would like to say congratulations from my part to the team, for what has been achieved so far in all aspects of the simulation, and for the commitment to this endeavour. I think it is an unprecedented achievement and it will be a really high bar to beat, as well as an inspiration for other content creators. 

Kind regards.

This has been on our list of want-to-have for a very long time. So far we haven´t been able to put any effort into making this work, but we certainly plan to do so after release of V1.0 . It´s not easy, as both machines must stay synchronized and we have a lot of datarefs that need to be sent back and forth...

It has been discussed before, it IS possible to operate this plane safely with just one pilot (and judicious use of the autoflight system plus some proper pre-planning for high-density workload phases), but for a realistic and redundant operation of an aircraft of this complexity and speed really two pilots are needed in the cockpit.

Jan

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of my own Curiosity, There is a program already (Smartcopilot) that takes care of this. And there are a few people in the community very proficient in writing the code to do a shared cockpit. Have you thought about reaching out to them for help and saving yourself the trouble? 

Just out of my own Curiosity, There is a program already (Smartcopilot) that takes care of this. And there are a few people in the community very proficient in writing the code to do a shared cockpit. Have you thought about reaching out to them for help and saving yourself the trouble? 

That is what we are looking at, and have been in contact with those people. We will see how that works out after the plane is finished.

Jan

• Upvote 1