Views UI (setting)

cmbaviator

The view UI simply takes you to the specified area clicked. For instance, clicking FMC zooms you into FMC. There's no "realistic" zoom level for something of that nature.

That said, FOV changes greatly based on one's monitor ratio and size. You can customize this in the GUI or via X-Plane rendering settings.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Jan,

How do you have configured the way you move in the cockpit to check parameters and to move from one side to another side. I find it very easy you show things and how to look around and zoom in/out ,...

Is it possible to inform me specific key-functions (or mouse functions) you use while you are flying and sitting in the cockpit to move free around cockpit panel?

Thanks.

Oliver

Hello Jan,

How do you have configured the way you move in the cockpit to check parameters and to move from one side to another side. I find it very easy you show things and how to look around and zoom in/out ,...

Is it possible to inform me specific key-functions (or mouse functions) you use while you are flying and sitting in the cockpit to move free around cockpit panel?

Thanks.

Oliver

I use mostly the SHIFT-9 "3-D Cockpit Command Look" view. Then click the right mouse-button to pan, mousewheel to zoom. Also use keys "forward, aft, left, right, down".

You can always use x-planes built-in quick view function to store up to 10 views on the num block. In case you didn't know:

- position your  view  and zoom to something you want to have quick acess to (overhead panel, FMC, MCP etc.)

- press Ctrl + num X (the number on the num block to which you want to store the view)

From now on you just press that number on the num-block, and it jumps to the previously stored view. This is stored per aircraft and persistent, so it's still there in the next sim session.

Edited by mgeiss
  • Upvote 1