IXEG 737 Auto Mode?

Diego747s

Hey, good evening to all of you.

First of all, amazing work guys. I´m really impressed about the high quality of this aircraft compared to any other one. Just ... WOW. Everything is aimed to perfection, the sounds, the systems, the textures...

I have a question. As I´m an unexperienced pilot in procedures I was wondering to know if you can tell me if you are planning to release an "auto mode" like the Flight Factor Boeing 757 Pro. Or at least a simple manual for user just to know step by step what to do and then practice that.

Regards,

Diego

I have a question. As I´m an unexperienced pilot in procedures I was wondering to know if you can tell me if you are planning to release an "auto mode" like the Flight Factor Boeing 757 Pro. Or at least a simple manual for user just to know step by step what to do and then practice that.

Hi Diego,

The aircraft has three start up options at present which are selectable in a custom window for the product (subject to change however the dev team sees fit):

• Cold and Dark - Engines and all other systems are off, such as would be the case before the first morning flight.
  • Turn-around - A typical between-flight scenario. Engines are off, the APU is powering the relevant systems. IRS is aligned.
  • Ready to Fly - Engines and all systems are powered and running and IRS is aligned. The aircraft is ready to fly.
  • Upvote 6

In addition, we are providing a series of tutorial PDFs that are aimed at newbies to airliners.   We will not be providing official Boeing documentation...its a bit overwhelming, comes with a rather expensive copyright license and not the best source for folks who want to learn about airliner operation in a progressive manner.  Though a developer here, I am NOT an airliner guy...at least not yet, I am quite the beginner myself and we are going to leverage my ignorance here to help develop more comprehensive training resources suitable to folks like us to bring us up to speed over time.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 3

In addition, we are providing a series of tutorial PDFs that are aimed at newbies to airliners.   We will not be providing official Boeing documentation...its a bit overwhelming, comes with a rather expensive copyright license and not the best source for folks who want to learn about airliner operation in a progressive manner.  Though a developer here, I am NOT an airliner guy...at least not yet, I am quite the beginner myself and we are going to leverage my ignorance here to help develop more comprehensive training resources suitable to folks like us to bring us up to speed over time.

-tkyler

It's nice to hear that. As you said, reading Boeing's documentation it's on higher level that aims to train real professional pilots. I remember reading J Rollon's PDFs about how to set up the airplane was very useful as it's simple to understand with images

Hi Diego,

The aircraft has three start up options at present which are selectable in a custom window for the product (subject to change however the dev team sees fit):

• Cold and Dark - Engines and all other systems are off, such as would be the case before the first morning flight.
  • Turn-around - A typical between-flight scenario. Engines are off, the APU is powering the relevant systems. IRS is aligned.
  • Ready to Fly - Engines and all systems are powered and running and IRS is aligned. The aircraft is ready to fly.

Wow, that good. It simplifies the procedures and you don´t get bored reading all the documentations. But also sometimes it's more entretaining reading the manuals and practice a little bit

Thank both of you for answering very quickly. Another question, how many liveries will include the B733 ?

• Downvote 1

I'm also a "jump in and fly for fun" kinda guy. You won't find me doing cross country on VATSIM.

The 737 is addictive to fly.

It beckons you to learn the systems more deeply.

The fact that the IXEG team have poured so many hours into doing the systems right is deeply rewarding.

The autopilot is easy enough that you can jump in and mess around doing a hop to a nearby airport for fun.

The systems are deep enough that it goes beyond the feeling of a game. It's genuinely constructive to learn.

• Upvote 2