Official IXEG forum now open!

Cameron

@IXEG

- Any new WIP screenshots/video's/info? We all are too curious  :)

- Seems like Flight Factor 767 included curved CRT screens for visual effects. I think this is a perfect visualization item to give more feeling for the old stuff in the 737 Classic. Does the IXEG 737 also include curved CRT screens in V1.0 (or later version)?

Edited by FSSteven

@IXEG

- Any new WIP screenshots/video's/info? We all are too curious  :)

- Seems like Flight Factor 767 included curved CRT screens for visual effects. I think this is a perfect visualization item to give more feeling for the old stuff in the 737 Classic. Does the IXEG 737 also include curved CRT screens in V1.0 (or later version)?

From the ixeg site:

IXEG22.jpg

Looks far more CRT-like than FF's if you ask me :D

• Upvote 1

Hey guys,

I have 2 quick questions regarding the 737s Autopilot system:

1. Will there be an option for the aircraft to have an ALT & SPD INTV (and functions)?

2. Will there be an option to change the autopilot panels design to the "older one" (with the padles to change between CMD and CWS) as seen on this picture

and also to have (with this design) the small 2 switches besides the autopilot panel to select the NAV source (FMC or ANS-L/R) as seen here

Im really looking forward to this Bird and hope to fly it myself as soon as possible!

Jan will have to sound off on this one, but I do not believe we provide this, at least not for V1.0.   I myself (who programs the target speed and alts) haven't dealt with this function though I know of it.  Sending the plane a target speed / alt is trivial, clearly we do that already, but integrating it into modified 3D modeling, display and interaction would take some time.  Both of these, being "options" as it were, this falls down the priority list compared to standard, common functionality.   We are beginning by ensuring that the most common scenario by the majority of users is implemented,  i.e. "normal, predictable, uneventful" routes that can be flown and editing with no issues....then we'll turn our attention to some of the more esoteric functions of the FMS.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 1

Hi ixam,

We are not modeling the old MCP with the paddles. One reason is that we´d also have to model the annyong "click" every time you move your yoke from neutral (the solenoid-lock-out for the autopilot engage paddles). While this would be easy to do, I don´t think most people would care for that,even thoughI do miss that...in a way.

We will also most likely not do the ALT and SPD INTV buttons and function, not even later on and not even as an option. There are many 737s out there without them, and they are probably the least ever used buttons in the whole aircraft. I would be willing to bet that over 90% of all active Classic-pilots could not tell you what these buttons do exactly. I have (out of curiosity) pushed them once in over ten years... They clear out the next limiting altitude or speed restriction, something that can also be done fairly easy on the LEGS page.

I am not familiar with the option to switch nav source to ANS L/R, and I fear the unknown! So most likely no :P .

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

A question out of curiosity. Some SIDs in the UK have an initial climb restriction of 5000 ft and due to the airspace around them that can go on for quite some time (even tens of miles), but the ATC can of course allow you to climb higher regardless. How is this thing dealt with in the real world? In the NG all you have to do is just dial in a given altitude in the MCP and press the ALT INTV a few times untill you clear all of the restrictions and the VNAV continues the climb. But without it, would you just go ahead and manualy delete the alt constraints of five waypoints or so or is there another trick you guys use?

So Boeing doesn't like to use 'managed mode ' for vertical guidance ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Boeing likes it...the pilots don´t always. There are times when VNAV is great, other times when VNAV isn´t. Nowadays it is about the OPTIMUM use of automation, not the MAXIMUM use (anymore...).

Jan

Edited by Litjan

Between reading 4 years of blog posts and viewing 3 years worth of video, I Have a few questions that I'm quite curious about.

I know it's been stated why you guys chose the classic opposed to the NG. X737 bla bla bla.

Just wondering how much work would it take to produce an NG. I'm no developer so just wondering... Would it be a simple copy and past of some systems or would it have to be a completely new model?

Thanks and can't wait for the release!

Is there any talk about price?

I hope fair price.

Let's hope not ;) Considering some of the prices out there for IMHO much lesser quality aircraft the ixeg 733 would have to be priced around 150 euro ;)

From what I've seen in the youtubes and the website a pmdg like price setting for p3d (around 90 bucks I think it was) would seem reasonable for me.

Let's hope not ;) Considering some of the prices out there for IMHO much lesser quality aircraft the ixeg 733 would have to be priced around 150 euro ;)

From what I've seen in the youtubes and the website a pmdg like price setting for p3d (around 90 bucks I think it was) would seem reasonable for me.

As much as I love everyone's enthusiasm towards supporting IXEG, I'm hoping it's not 150 Euros xD

In all seriousness, I feel that they should put a donate button on their site. Although I don't have 150 Euros to pay for this, plenty of people do, and I feel that they do deserve quite a bit for all their hard work. IXEG team, I hope you consider this suggestion, as I feel that quite a few people would donate. :)

-VETTE

• Upvote 1