Official IXEG forum now open!

Cameron

40 minutes ago, mgeiss said:

I think your CWS deadzones in the IXEG menu are not set (or too narrow).

That's exactly what it was Matthias.  It is holding LNAV and HDG SEL now.  Thank you so much.

Maybe you can help me with another little problem.  My overspeed bricks are bouncing up and down when I am on autopilot.  I notice that the N1 light flickers while it climbing also. Once I'm level, the N1 light will stop flickering, but the bricks keep bouncing up and down.  It doesn't effect anything, but it is annoying.

The annonciator flickers from MCP SPD to FMS SPD also when it is doing it.

Do you have any idea what might be causing that?

Overspeed Bricks Bounce.jpg

Overspeed Bricks Bounce01.jpg

Edited by signmanbob

Do you have flaps assigned to an axis? It might be that due to potentiometer noise or the axis not always reaching full deflection etc. the aircraft thinks you want to deploy flaps.

If that's the case, try to assign flaps incr./decr. to buttons instead and see if it solves the problem.

• Upvote 1

Hello Matthias,

I believe you hit the nail on the head again (:

I had a message at the top that said "Flaps Overspeed", so I probably didn't retract the flaps fast enough when I was climbing out of the airport.

IXEG 737 must actually simulate the reaction of having broken flaps. (ouch, that's embarrassing).

I'm going to try it again tonight and see if that's the problem.  I appreciate your help very much.

Thank you,

Bob

15 hours ago, signmanbob said:

Hello,

I'm having a big problem with the autopilot.  I will takeoff and will be flying in LNAV or HDG SEL for a while, and the auto pilot will go to CWS.  If I push LNAV again it will just keep turning off as will HDG SEL.

I can't get any auto pilot functions to work after a while, not even VOR/LOC or APP.  

I have uninstalled the 733 and re-installed it, but I'm still having the same results.

It looks to me like the yoke is moving too much when I'm on LNAV and it must be kicking it to CWS. 

I just screwed up a landing after a two hour flight on Pilotedge. I'm not a happy camper.  Please help.

I am using FSGRW. Could that be having a bad effect on the autopilot?

Thank you,

Bob

Hi Bob,

your joystick is spikey and sends commands - so the AP "thinks" you want to override it manually and disconnects (as in the real aircraft).

To cure this, increase your CWS Deadband setting in the preferences menu.

Cheers, Jan

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

Hi Bob,

your joystick is spikey and sends commands - so the AP "thinks" you want to override it manually and disconnects (as in the real aircraft).

To cure this, increase your CWS Deadband setting in the preferences menu.

Cheers, Jan

That CWS Deadband setting is exactly what the problem was.  I'm not using a joystick, I'm using a $1400 Precision Flight Control Cirrus/Boeing yoke with Hall Censors, so it shouldn't be very spikey, but my Deadband was set to "0" by default, and that just didn't cut it.  Opening up the CWS Deadband to about "20" did the trick.

Thank you,

Bob

• Upvote 1

I have another very small problem. That's manageable but aggravating.

Sometimes, if I shut off VNAV and descend using vertical speed and try to change my forward speed on the MCP, say manually reduce speed just a little down to 250kts to stay within the restriction, the speed bug will just take off on its own and maybe go all the way down to 115kts., then when I try to manually bring it up to 250kts on the MCP, it will just take off and go to over 300kts.

If I disconnect autothrottle, it still acts the same way,(but I can override it and manually control the speed of the aircraft with the throttles) then reconnect the autothrottle and VNAV, it will shoot up to the correct forward speed.  Then when I disconnect VNAV, it may work right and I will slowly reduce my speed on the MCP manually.

That's what happened last night.

What is happening? Why should the forward speed change on its own at all when VNAV is disconnected and even when autothrottle is disconnected?

Is there a setting that I may have wrong?

Thank you,

Bob

Hi Bob,

I would really have to see a short movie of that happening to let you know whats going on. I am almost certain that it is intentional (yet unexpected by you) behaviour - we have had thousands of people operate the aircraft for well over a year and this is the first time I heard anyone have that problem.

There are several cases where the speedcursor will move seeminly "on its own" - what you describe sounds like its a "runaway" problem where you grab the cursor, and then loose view of it (the sim considers that as holding and not letting go) and then move the mouse wildly, maybe trying to manipulate something else - but really just moving the speed cursor "to the stops".

Again, a video would say more than a 1000 words, any chance of capturing a short one for me?

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

Hi Bob,

that smacks like a problem with the Virtual Aviation MCP, then. I am not familiar with the device, so I can´t tell you about any problems or pitfalls with it. Maybe there is a dedicated support forum or you can open a new thread here that is aptly named (maybe in the cockpit builder/hardware subsection) - there are some more knowledgable people around that may have an answer on that.

To make a video, you can use the built-in movie-maker in X-Plane, it saves the quicktime movie in \Output. But those movies grow quick in size...

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

5 hours ago, Litjan said:

Hi Bob,

that smacks like a problem with the Virtual Aviation MCP, then. I am not familiar with the device, so I can´t tell you about any problems or pitfalls with it. Maybe there is a dedicated support forum or you can open a new thread here that is aptly named (maybe in the cockpit builder/hardware subsection) - there are some more knowledgable people around that may have an answer on that.

To make a video, you can use the built-in movie-maker in X-Plane, it saves the quicktime movie in \Output. But those movies grow quick in size...

Cheers, Jan

Thank could very well be, Jan.  The interface that connects with X-Plane 11 that I'm using is a Beta.

This is what it is: http://www.virtualavionics.com.br/modules/a>

MCP737-EFIS.jpg

7 hours ago, Litjan said:

I want one of those! Very nice!

Thanks.  It works perfectly in both P3Dv4 and X-Plane 11 other than this little problem, but I believe now that I know what is happening, I can work around it.

Having this and Saitek radio panels make it so much easier flying on Pilotedge without having to fumble around in the VC. :)

Edited by signmanbob

5 hours ago, Cebulon said:

C'mon Jan

as a pilot you probably earn(ed) enough money to buy a retired plane ;-)

Oliver

Gesendet von meinem SM-T810 mit Tapatalk

They didn´t ask much for our old 737s (- engines and other reusable parts)... but shipping and handling was expensive, and my wife wouldn´t let me put it into our garden :-(

Jan

• Upvote 3

• 3 months later...
23 hours ago, Carsten said:

Hello Guys,

Does someone know, if the raindrop effects colaborate with xenviro or FSGRW in combomation with skymaxx pro4.6? 

Regards :)

The effect works with default and Skymaxx Pro, they do not work with xEnviro.  I have never used FSGRW in XP so I can't comment. 

I currently use "the ultimate mod" with XP11 default weather injection and the effect works with that.  

• 2 months later...

Hello everybody, i'm new here, happy to have this awesome plane.

I'm writing to understand if the problem I have with this plane depends on a bug or if I'm wrong to configure the plane or the FMC or somelse.

the problem is that during the planned flight the plane follows the course but is always rotated a few degrees on its horizontal axis. I do not understand just what it could be, the whole flight plan was correctly inserted into the FMC, including the weights and the various settings. despite all the plane has always the nose not facing the heading of the route but always moved 5/10 degrees to the left or right.

I see this "misalignment" when I look at the plane from outside with CTRL + 2 view or when I visualize the map with the tracking of the route on, it is clearly rotated, sometimes about many degrees sometimes a few. Sometimes when i reach trans alt and sometimes when approaching... it does not seem very normal to me and I do not understand just what I can depend on.

I've tried tu update navdata both navigraph and aerosoft (with  rispectively apps), tried to disable all plugin, i've xeviro, lua, betterpushback, x-life deuxe.
I've tried also to disable all custom scenery, and reinstalled ixeg. nothing change.
Any clues? thank you very much (and sorry for my poor english)

Marco

Edited by Base

Hi Base,

if the wind is coming from the side, an airplane must point the nose towards that wind to keep going in a straight line over the ground.

Imagine yourself in a boat, rowing across a fast river. If you want to keep going straight towards the dock on the other side of the river, you need to point the bow of the boat upstream, right? Otherwise the river will flow your boat "off course". Same with an airplane in a moving airmass.

Cheers, Jan

14 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Hi Base,

if the wind is coming from the side, an airplane must point the nose towards that wind to keep going in a straight line over the ground.

Imagine yourself in a boat, rowing across a fast river. If you want to keep going straight towards the dock on the other side of the river, you need to point the bow of the boat upstream, right? Otherwise the river will flow your boat "off course". Same with an airplane in a moving airmass.

Cheers, Jan

Litjan many thanks for the explanation, I understood everything and very well, i saw that I could not believe it because obviously in the real world it is almost impossible to see (without instrumentation and outside of cockpit) and not in any other aircraft in x-plane or other simulator, sometimes the angle of this correction is very wide, so I thought about my mistake or even to a bug ... thanks again for the explanation. 
Base

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Hi, after a a bit of time out from the sim I fired up  the IXEG today only to have it crash on me after a matter of minutes. Same with multiple restarts. No particular mouse or other input was involved. 

I downloaded and reinstalled the plane but to no avail. I see that I have 11.41rc1  installed (why did I do this?) and wonder if therein might lie the problem. Log.txt was of no help btw.
Anyone able to throw a bit of light on this? I have done a reasonably extensive search on the Forums but found nothing, which would seem to eliminate the current XP release as the culprit.

Regards