Official IXEG forum now open!

Cameron

For perspective;

Aerowinx PSX; $349 USD.

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd,,13174

Plenty of people seem to think that's a fair price.

( Don't try and read between the lines from this post... ;)  It's purely to point out what already exists in the market. )

Edited by Ben Russell

If you talk in this range Of price then it must be 100% perfect with wing flex fully operational fmc, every knob should be simulated + flight dynamics must be accurate hmmmm long way to go then maybe another 5 years Mary christmas to everyone

Main screenshot from the official Aerowinx page:

test1.jpg

....just look at that 3D detail... phwoar!

Edited by Ben Russell
  • Upvote 1

I have PSX and it's brilliant Hardy charged a fair price for all the effort he put into the product and its still a work in progress. Honestly IXEG deserves and needs to be compensated fairly for the effort and time put into their simulation or why bother even doing it. Cheap bastards and people that complain about this product not being 100% correct need to shake there heads or go shop at the ORG   

Edited by Hopkinsstevea

I don't care what it costs it will be a "keeper" ,they deserve to make as much money as they possible can.

I don't want to start an argument over price here since i'm sure whatever they end up charging it will be worth it. But when you sell a product charging more money does NOT mean more profit. Max profit is achieved with a balanced price to attract more customers.

• Upvote 1

Rest assured that we are not rolling the dice to set a price. We are trying to hit the sweet spot, as in maximizing our benefit: "copies sold x profit per copy" With that we have to be aware of what will be perceived as a "fair price" by the potential customer.

It always takes at least two parties to complete a transaction. It is part of the process called "trading" to come to a conclusion about wether the trade is beneficial to you, or not. If this conclusion is "no" to either party, then the trade will not be made.

What is not going to happen here is the process of "bartering" or "dealing". It usually involves telling the other party why you think his part in the deal is more beneficial than yours, and threatening that the trade will not be completed unless the balance of benefit is shifted to your side. Common phrases heard are: "I have X hungry children at home..." or "that other product is better and cheaper than yours...". ;)

IXEG will announce a price. You will decide if you pay it or not (or wait for a sale pre-Xmas 2016). Hopefully both sides walk away from the deal with a smile on their face, thinking they made a good deal.

Jan

Let's be honest with ourselves here. If I had to make a guess based on the current price of addons in the X-Plane community and the prices of high-fidelity addons on other sims (*cough* PMDG *cough*) I would say this product is going to cost in the region of 70-90 USD. No more and no less. This is what the market is willing to pay and I believe it would also be a fair price for the product if it's as good as it looks like it's going to be. 

• Upvote 2

That's up to Jan as to when he feels he has something he wants to show.  We are indeed moving at a crazy pace though.  Things are shaping up very nicely on the FMS....we have lots of functionality crammed in with a good foundation for adding 'power features' as time goes on.  We think most will be happy with the usability, readability, reliability and predictability of the system.  I just flew my first "gear up to gear down" LNAV/VNAV flight the other day.  I just sat back and watched the plane do its thing for 45 minutes.  My favorite part is crossing T/D and watching the throttles chop and this bird fly itself thing through a winding arrival procedure right to the threshold.  Soon...soon.

-tkyler

• Upvote 5

That's up to Jan as to when he feels he has something he wants to show.  We are indeed moving at a crazy pace though.  Things are shaping up very nicely on the FMS....we have lots of functionality crammed in with a good foundation for adding 'power features' as time goes on.  We think most will be happy with the usability, readability, reliability and predictability of the system.  I just flew my first "gear up to gear down" LNAV/VNAV flight the other day.  I just sat back and watched the plane do its thing for 45 minutes.  My favorite part is crossing T/D and watching the throttles chop and this bird fly itself thing through a winding arrival procedure right to the threshold.  Soon...soon.

-tkyler

I'm not sure if this has already been answered, but how functional will the FIX page be? I make extensive use of it, especially when flying non-RNAV procedures, and I'm sure a lot of others do as well.

are we going to have a new year video/preview? a gift to the crowd !!

Jan is producing tutorial videos at the moment.  Already a couple of hours of your favorite 737 flightinstructor  :)

Those tutorial videos alone are worth getting this aircraft in my opinion - and - they will also increase your enjoyment of the other

aircraft that you might have in your hangar.  To give you an idea what this might be worth.. http://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotStore/secp/225

Attach are a screenshot from one of these videos. (reduced image quality)

post-8373-0-49526900-1451562156_thumb.jp

Edited by Morten
  • Upvote 1

I'm not sure if this has already been answered, but how functional will the FIX page be? I make extensive use of it, especially when flying non-RNAV procedures, and I'm sure a lot of others do as well.

fully functional.  Jan makes use of it one of the YouTube videos.

-tkyler