Official IXEG forum now open!

Cameron

I am not sure what a "user friendly way" is.....but if you enter the minimum required data, then the V-speeds are calculated and you can "double-click" on the V-speeds (once to copy them to the scratchpad...2nd click to 'apply' them) to get them applied to the speed tape on the EADI.  Jan demonstrates this in one of his videos.....though my old brain can't remember which.

-tkyler

That's exactly what I meant, thank you.

Looks like I need to watch the videos again! :)

I'm only interested in two words , it's released  :D 

Seriously I have seen enough to tell my that this is a 5 star addon which surpasses many if not all what has preceded. If I had to I would compare this in FSX or P3D to Captain Sim and PMDG where IXEG 737 is the PMDG and the rest Captain Sim nice to look at but not even half done as far as systems integration and modeling is concerned and on top of this the developers try and charge the earth for their wares. I am so eager to fly this plane it will be together with the the Mad Dog that is also around the corner be the only two planes I continue to fly. That's my suspicion in any case.

• Upvote 1

Hi Jan, I love your videos's. I was wondering if we have the pleasure of another one sometime soon?

So looking forward to the release, even more than Xmas, and I love Xmas  :)

During our initial beta testing all the testers went through our tutorials, which were in "written" form. While we will have those, all testers said that a video would go a long way in making everything even more comprehensible. So I am likely going to start on the tutorial videos soon, and there is a chance that we will release those before the actual plane on our youtube channel. Not decided yet, however.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 2

During our initial beta testing all the testers went through our tutorials, which were in "written" form. While we will have those, all testers said that a video would go a long way in making everything even more comprehensible. So I am likely going to start on the tutorial videos soon, and there is a chance that we will release those before the actual plane on our youtube channel. Not decided yet, however.

Cheers, Jan

That's great news Jan, will the tutorial video be free ?  i'd like to have something like Airline2Sim or Angle Of Attack quality video, where all thing are explained : GroundWork, Flight/line work and A to B entire flight even if we have to pay an extra for it

Yes, the tutorials will be free, both written and video. But they will cater to the average simulator pilot, starting with a very simple flight-pattern all the way to more complex flights with full use of FMS and autopilot system.

I am pondering the idea to make more in-depth and detailed videos, covering special aspects like approaches, abnormals, etc. at a later stage, possibly as payware for a small price.

But the basic documentation and tutorials for this plane to get you up and flying from quick-flight to serious LNAV and VNAV are always free!

• Upvote 3

From what we saw on last Tkyler video looks like FMC is allmost done. Or is VNAV still WIP ?

VNAV is still a WIP.    For proper vnav work, you need 'full routes' and so I had to go back and stabilize a lot of route editing features before going on to full VNAV work....hence the video....  Now that being said, VNAV is quite a ways along already...and I will be returning to it this week more than likely.  I have to work my way through a few bugs we found with regards to (VECTOR) waypoint types...not unexpected...but we have to clean it up just the same.    VNAV and associated progress pages (progress, climb, descent, enroute) are the last few pieces we have to get in place.

-tkyler

• Upvote 1

Dev update: I am currently taping movies for the tutorials that will be included in the documentation (most likely on youtube in our channel). So when you can´t figure out what we ment to say in those tutorials, there is now a video to watch alongside, so you know what we would like you to do!

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 3

I just feel the 737 is on short final! Some finishing in touch and she's good to go I guess? Absolute stunning work, no otherway to discribe it. 5+ years and still keeps going. Ain't no developer done that did they? May I ask if the release will be a good chance in 2015? Or is this a no answerable question? Obviously a exact date is not possible but hopefully this year. :) 

I just feel the 737 is on short final! Some finishing in touch and she's good to go I guess? Absolute stunning work, no otherway to discribe it. 5+ years and still keeps going. Ain't no developer done that did they? May I ask if the release will be a good chance in 2015? Or is this a no answerable question? Obviously a exact date is not possible but hopefully this year. :)

One month away, more less...

The IXEG videos have been great. Not including the last FMC video, I count twenty-seven over the past 4-years. Over 5 hours of video with 8,000 views is quite impressive. 

There remains 1-question I have that's yet to be answered. Has the 737 Classic been tested on the Mac OS 10.11.1 (El Capitan)? I am concerned because this OS seems to have rendered some software useless.

I'm a long time Macintosh user, and Laminar Research (Xicat) X-Plane 5.52 was the only simulator offered, and developed with the Mac in mind.

Rightly or wrongly, I've had it in my mind for quite a time now that we would have this for christmas. I've been so looking forward to it. I decided not to get P3d v3 on the basis that once this comes out I expect to not need anything else if the videos are anything to go by. I'm expecting this to be a truly excellent rendition. Great to see this forum come on stream. Can hardly wait!

• Upvote 1