A2A-like plugin for Carenado's C210: v2.0

nico87

Hi there,

I'm Claudio from SimCoders.com.
We just released the new Reality Expansion Pack v2.0 for X-Plane.
It's an A2A-Like software for the C210 by Carenado.

The new version adds more complex engine dynamics, more damages (such as engine's oversquare operations and failures), the interactive walkaround, the towing and other stuff that you may like.

Here's a video of the walkaround and the towing: 

You can find more informations at http://www.simcoders...nado-cessna-210

We're going to release the same thing for the F33A Bonanza. ;)

Hope you like it!

Edited by nico87
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Claudio,

As an aviation simulation flyer, for some years, I enjoy using the REP add on for the Caranedo.

However I do have great difficulty starting the engine. It's too easily flooded. I wonder if you could modify the code.

I use the A2A products in the "other" sim. I don't have the same trouble starting those adapted aircraft.

Thank you for your work, these add ons help to "suspend disbelief" and provide a more useful training environment for new, would be, pilots. As well as old retired flyers who would re create their lost youth!

Regards

David

Hi David,

Thank you for supporting us!

Actually, that's how the real Continental IO-520 works. The engine simulated by A2A is more forgiving.

The trick is to apply the fuel pump just until the fuel flow peaks (when engine is cold) or for a split of a second (when engine is warm).

Cheers

Hi David,

Thank you for supporting us!

Actually, that's how the real Continental IO-520 works. The engine simulated by A2A is more forgiving.

The trick is to apply the fuel pump just until the fuel flow peaks (when engine is cold) or for a split of a second (when engine is warm).

Cheers

It depends on the individual aircraft.  I've seen injected 172s where you need to prime only until you see peak fuel flow indication.  Others are happy to peak and then hold, etc...

As for a warm engine, you should not have to prime at all (warm being 30 minutes or less since shut down).  If you do prime a warm engine, you are asking for trouble.

That depends on the engine. What you said is true especially for Lycomings. No prime at all with a warm engine. Sometimes you can even not prime them if they are not too cold.

That's different with TCM continuous flow injection system. A little bit of priming is always needed, even with warm engines. The TSIO-520 is really indomitable sometimes.

There are many posts around the web that confirm this. Here's one on PPrune: http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-207519.html

Just a quote about the IO-520:

It's been a long time since I flew Bonanzas and Barons, but I remember their Continental IO-520s being much easier to start when hot than the comparable Lycomings on the Aztec. 
Open the throttle just a little, select the mixture to Rich, turn the boost pump on and leave it on until the fuel flow stabilises on the fuel flowmeter, turn the boost pump off, select the mixture to Idle-cutoff. Now you can start the engine, and when it fires, smoothly advance the mixture to Rich. Works every time, whether the engine is hot or cold.