I cannot see any cloud's shadow with SMP v3 on Earth or sea.

Maupilot81

I replicated your settings, and shadows appeared fine for me. Haven't heard of this happening from anyone else yet, either.

I did notice that you have very little free video memory reported, however. Perhaps we weren't able to allocate the memory required for shadows as a result. You might have to turn down some rendering settings, or scale back your custom scenery. If you have HDR on, try turning it off.

I replicated your settings, and shadows appeared fine for me. Haven't heard of this happening from anyone else yet, either.

I did notice that you have very little free video memory reported, however. Perhaps we weren't able to allocate the memory required for shadows as a result. You might have to turn down some rendering settings, or scale back your custom scenery. If you have HDR on, try turning it off.

Hi thanks for your quick answer. I disinstalled and reinstalled SMP v3 and now all works fine!!!

Great work however :)

One thing I noticed in your log is that there is a stratus cloud in your scene. Shadows won't be cast when a stratus layer is present, since this scatters the sunlight.

Also be aware shadows won't appear if visibility is low, for the same reason.

Try flying without any stratus or overcast cloud layers in your scene, and with good visibility, and you should see the cloud shadows then.

I used real weather, that's the reason why there were some stratus clouds. Removing them and setting the visibility to something higher, solved it.

As you are saying "shadows won't appear if visibility is low" - how low is "low"? It seems to me that the shadow intensity is not only influenced by the according slider in SMP3, but also (more or less?) linear with the slider for the visibility in the weather menu. Is my observation correct?